In The News...

Yes. Most of that 'feminism' money is earmarked to help women/girls in places where they don't have any rights let alone equal rights. Forced marriages, rape, genital mutilation, basic human rights not equal rights.

And if you believe that women have equal treatment here in North America, I'm guessing you don't think there's any rascism either.

No offence Jim but I have one child a daughter so I feel strongly about these things. And I am a man grown up in our society same as yourself. Don't bs me that 'women are treated as equals by all'.

Guess you'll be staing in Canada for a while:lol:

Justin, you'll have to learn this.
Hateful speak against commies, gays and feminists isn't discrimination.
God created them so the rightful would have something to hate.:D

Milo is gay and has a black "life partner" so I guess he's a homophobic racist...

I have a daughter too. You may have seen pictures.

What is that money buying you in Africa? Saudi Arabia? Is it doing any good? Any suggestion made to put an end to FGM or enact laws stopping the practice are met with resistance from the people themselves.

How are you going to win that fight?

No offence taken Justin. For real.

Sure there is racism, sure there are sexists. Was that supposed to be a question? I suppose we should also make murder illegal.

I am not going to raise my daughter to fell like a second class citizen, or accept and ideology that claims such. If she fails, it will be her fault.

Good points from Jim and Justin both.

Jim, what do you make of wage gaps between men and women in the US?

I cant make heads or tails of that Levi.

One side of the argument says that women make like 75% of men....but we dont know if that is for the same job or just hours worked.

The other side says that yes women do make less then men, but not when compared for the same job.

When you go across the board, it does seem like women make less money per hour. It also seems that women make different choices than men when it comes to jobs, and careers.

Maybe there is a "equality" issue there, or maybe women are drawn to different types of careers than men. I dont know.

For all the negative coverage you find on the matter, there are still a lot of stay at home mothers in the US, and more women are staying home with the kids than men. Women are also more likely to have part time jobs. I dont know how you can accurately figure a wage gap when the demographics are not the same.

On thing I cant figure out is why, if there TRULY is a wage gap, is there men employed in any job? If you can truly pay a women 25% less than a man for the same job, why do men have any jobs at all?

So what would the "fix" be? Force employers to pay women more? I would fear that would have the same effect on women as the minimum wage laws have on black youths. Less employment.

Hmm, I'm not sure of a fix. I've heard the 75% percent less idea put forth about employees in a given company as well, not sure of who's doing what job. Supposedly the Trump White house pays the average woman 72 cents for every dollar a man makes.

Are they paid 72 cents for equal positions?

They only way to know that would be if there were two Chief's of Staff or two Secretaries of State.

I just dont understand how a women can be paid a quarter less for the same job and there not be only women employed.

Does that mean that there are employers out there that say " gosh, I could fill that position with a women, and pay her 25% less, but I would rather hire a man and pay him 25% more"?

I have a daughter too. You may have seen pictures.

What is that money buying you in Africa? Saudi Arabia? Is it doing any good? Any suggestion made to put an end to FGM or enact laws stopping the practice are met with resistance from the people themselves.

How are you going to win that fight?

No offence taken Justin. For real.

Sure there is racism, sure there are sexists. Was that supposed to be a question? I suppose we should also make murder illegal.

I am not going to raise my daughter to fell like a second class citizen, or accept and ideology that claims such. If she fails, it will be her fault.

In Africa and the like. The money is buying education, support, lobbying. You name it, to effect change. Do you imagine that the resistance to change is coming from women? I don't need anything personally gained with that money, if it makes a difference in one woman's/girls life than its money well spent IMO.

Men have victimized women since the dawn of the ages I imagine. I feel living in a privileged and wealthy nation that it's our responsibility to speak out agaisnt injustices towards women and not accept it as a 'traditional' way of living.

Having all this wealth and education puts an onus on us to do/be better than our ancestors.

Right on, Justin. A million times better than the "it's always been that way" defeatist attitude that I hear quite often.

Article reads like an Infomercial or a telethon.

You dont remember the African lawyer that was against laws forbidding FGM? I could not understand why anyone would be for the practice, especially an African woman.

She basically said we should piss off, Africa is not British Columbia or Montana or Colorado.

If we are to crusade throughout Africa, righting the wrongs, should we not also have telethons to raise awareness about the horrors of male circumcision in this country? Or maybe the barbaric right of passage rituals that boys have to endure in parts of Africa or Central and South America?

Why are we so up in arms about what happens in Africa, yet we give countries who sell us oil or allow our military bases to be placed on their soil a pass?

We have to swoop in and change everything about African culture because its offensive to us, but we figure what happens in Saudi Arabia is just part of the culture?

We have been furiously subsidizing the carrying capacity of Africa. Things like food aid, agricultural investments, UN missions and so on. We have been intervening for decades and the situation grows worse.

So, are we really helping anything or anyone? How can we pretend that telling the citizens of Africa about how we dont like FGM is somehow going to make up for all the exploitation and destruction we have wrought?

You dont step into the middle of an Reservation Indian couple while they are in a fist fight. They will both turn on you and you will be the one who ends up in the hospital.

Article reads like an Infomercial or a telethon.

You dont remember the African lawyer that was against laws forbidding FGM? I could not understand why anyone would be for the practice, especially an African woman.

She basically said we should piss off, Africa is not British Columbia or Montana or Colorado.

If we are to crusade throughout Africa, righting the wrongs, should we not also have telethons to raise awareness about the horrors of male circumcision in this country? Or maybe the barbaric right of passage rituals that boys have to endure in parts of Africa or Central and South America?

Why are we so up in arms about what happens in Africa, yet we give countries who sell us oil or allow our military bases to be placed on their soil a pass?

We have to swoop in and change everything about African culture because its offensive to us, but we figure what happens in Saudi Arabia is just part of the culture?

We have been furiously subsidizing the carrying capacity of Africa. Things like food aid, agricultural investments, UN missions and so on. We have been intervening for decades and the situation grows worse.

So, are we really helping anything or anyone? How can we pretend that telling the citizens of Africa about how we dont like FGM is somehow going to make up for all the exploitation and destruction we have wrought?

You dont step into the middle of an Reservation Indian couple while they are in a fist fight. They will both turn on you and you will be the one who ends up in the hospital.

You narrow your focus to much. The money canada is giving to help women's rights isn't all going to one thing in one place. There are lots of positive changes for women/girls taking place all over the world.

When women are truly equals. Good things happen. Women have a positive influence.

Negative. I think these organizations are preying on people's weakness to gain money and standing.

If we spent more time teaching young girls about self respect, self reliance and self esteem there would be no need for "feminism", if there is a need any way.

Nope, women are equals and women are different. The sexes excel at different things.

These orginizations prey on weakness, all to happy to relieve you of your treasure.

They screech about how women are door mats.....and the friggin' criminal part is that some women and girls start to believe the bullshit.

Really? The same groups that are getting funding from my government? If not I hardly see the relevance to the discussion, which started really with a portion of those funds going to the Clinton foundation. Does the Clinton foundation preach those ideals?

Everyday on all forms of media women are told that they are disadvantaged!

Stand up for your rights! Equal pay! End the rape culture!

At the end of the day, modern feminism is sexist. It ends up enforcing the stereotypes that caused the rise of modern feminism in the first place....namely that men should take care of women because they are not capable of taking care of themselves.

I refuse to believe that women can't take care of themselves....at least in Western countries.

When modern feminists discard the cherished law of alimony I will start to support them.

Until that time I will not support any outfit that makes millions on Class/gender/and race warfare.

Back