In The News...

I agree the idea is fascinating. Sorta like how the moon is made of cheese. Which it is by the way.

I wonder about your idea of bloodshed though Kevin. If it entails the kulaks getting run off, we'll I am not on board.

Unless you are into class warfare, I am not sure that income inequality has anything to do with anything .

There are places with more, and places with less.

Why would we want to fight each other? Unless it is to keep us from fighting the real enemy.

I just can't believe you are pissed off about the GINI while being all for f'ing with the Russians.

Those articles scare the shit out of me Levi.

A lot of people are really resentful about what their neighbor has. Our president said that no one with anything got it by working hard.

It's mind boggling that some people are terribly rich. Buffet, Slim, Gates, Bezos, Zuckerberg....so on.

It does not bother me personally, but some take it pretty hard.

Hell, maybe there is a real need for revolution.....so we can be on the same level.

It just seems that people get caught in the middle of differing ideologies. Usually hardship ensues.

It's an agenda. Not saying it's wrong.....just worries me.

I like the idea of using suppressors. They are legal in 42 States, but not CA, IL, NY and all of New England except VT. I can shoot on my farm, but it would be nice to make a little less noise. Pretty much everyone in the UK uses them from what I can tell.

Those articles scare the shit out of me Levi.

A lot of people are really resentful about what their neighbor has. Our president said that no one with anything got it by working hard.

It's mind boggling that some people are terribly rich. Buffet, Slim, Gates, Bezos, Zuckerberg....so on.

It does not bother me personally, but some take it pretty hard.

Hell, maybe there is a real need for revolution.....so we can be on the same level.

It just seems that people get caught in the middle of differing ideologies. Usually hardship ensues.

It's an agenda. Not saying it's wrong.....just worries me.

Right on, Jim. It doesn't really bother me either, although I can't help but wonder what goes on in someone's head to justify having that much cash. Also, you gotta figure that that cash was consolidated at the expense or loss of others, most likely.

I'm not sure about a revolution, maybe one truly from the people but Orwell taught us that that rarely happens. The "elite" of the have not's eventually become the have's and so the story goes. It doesn't mean that it's bound to repeat itself indefinitely though.

In discussions pertaining to wealth we should never forget the words of King Solomon!!!

"I have seen all the works which have been done under the sun, and behold, all is vanity and striving after wind."

Not everyone could be a zillion aire. That's for sure.

I have never in my life gotten the better of someone and said, "it's just business".

It's just not in me. I don't think it's in most of us.

Some people like the endorphin rush of hot chilies, some people can feel that way from sex, drugs, booze.

Some folks get the feeling from amazing talents and finishing projects.

Some folks must get it from committing crimes.........some from being cut throat businessmen.

I am sure it gives Warren Buffett a hard on every day.

I watched a great video once, I think it was called "the one percent" or something like that. The film was made by the aire to Johnson and Johnson. He interviewed Warren's daughter who lived in an art studio and had dreadlocks, she seemed bitter that Warren had denied her funds and given away most of his fortune. It was a good film, I'll never forget the reaction of this cabbie when the kid told him he was from J and J. He said something like "ya'll are wealthy, like wealthy wealthy, but I'm wealthy in morals and respect!"

Of course Union members have common sense. They seem like a very important tool in keeping all of the money from pooling up in the pockets of just a couple of money hoarders. We had bloodshed in this country when the inequality got bad. Its no good if everyone is fighting amongst each other for the chance to serve 8 people.

Eugene Debs, the Pullman car strike, there was a lot of bloodshed in West Virginia so you could have a Union. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Blair_Mountain . You are a direct beneficiary of some blood that was shed over income inequality and people not getting paid what they are worth. I am somewhat baffled. I would like to hear a little more details of how there is this contradiction in your posts and your reality. Are you just playing the game?

imagine back in the day when there were thousands of miners waiting to get into the mines with pix and wheelbarrows, or thousands of autoworkers going in with screwdrivers to build model Ts. People say everyone should just get a good job and get paid what they are worth. what is everyone supposed to do? Now there is just a whole lot of people fighting for the chance to serve lattes.

So the land of the free.............needs way more jackwagons in charge of everything? Saying who can work, where, how long, and for how much money?

Competition is no good, we need control eh?

Screw central planning. I'll take my chances.

I had a sweet deal in high school.

Not sure how it works in more urban areas, but out here in the sticks we had what was called "work release".

When you were a Junior you could take 2 periods off to work, as a senior you could take three.

Rules were that you could not work for yourself.

Well, my grandfather's corporation was still active, even though he was dead. So I told the principal I was working for RG Conrad Inc. My name was not RG Conrad, it was JA Conrad.

Worked slicker'n shit!

Nah, truth of the matter is that I oppressed several minority families and got all my money from a rich uncle who made his billions oppressing minority families.:/:

The school system had a hard on for me for some reason. I suspect it was because I was a real prick to them back in the day, plus my last name. Small towns never forget anything.

So one day they pulled a surprise inspection.....just to see if they could finally nail my ass to the wall. They figured they might find me drunk or screwing around....which on any given day might be what they found.

This day I was dozing shit in the corrals with dad's D7F. For those Cat fans out there, you know that the F did not come with a cab, but a pretty nice ROPS.

The dust and ammonia coming from that old cow shit was awful. Burned your eyes and made it hard to breathe. The lady guidance counselor walked out in a dress and waved me down.

I says to her that she looked good in that dress (which she didn't) and was more than welcome to come for a ride (on the dozer).

Never got inspected after that.

Since I am about a quarter drunk and have ruined this thread anyway, I might as well go on.......

Had the same thing going on in college. Difference was that you could get college credit for working.......they called it a work study program. You still had to pay for the credits, but you could work.

The summer before starting college I worked for the diesel mechanic that employed me part time through out my 4 years at school.

It was a good deal, paid my room and board and kept me out of the poor house. The Snap-On tool man was a real hurdle to get past. For those of you that dont know about Snap on tools, count your blessings. A Snap On tool truck that comes around to where you work and go to school is worse than a crack dealer that makes house calls. More expensive too.

Thankfully the Snap On man that was the worst made a meth deal with some undercover cops in the Hospital parking lot and is still in prison. Fugker went to prison owing me money, but it turned out.

Some of the kids that were going through the same program worked at McDonalds or the school cafeteria. I could never get over that. Sure they got laid more than I did, but I could have taught classes in mechanics when I was through 2 years.

Wife is gone, I am into the Jack Daniels......nice to have someone to talk to.

I just realized that I posted a link in the "how did it go today" thread about Albert Popwell....the black guy in the Dirty Harry series. I love that guy.

I bet it comes across as "i have lots of black friends" on Martin Luther King Day. Oh well.

Back