In The News...

I do live there, or did. Certain areas of town (where I no longer live). I can go downtown to the black section of town and I am hated because I am white. I can head to the south side of town where I grew up and is now populated by Spanish speaking people (including most billboards, store signs and even street signs) and I am hated because I am white. I have lived here since I was 4 years old in 1969 and I am now an outsider in the place I grew up. My current house is about 17 miles from the house I grew up in but I'm in the next county and in a mostly white area. Not completely white, my next door neighbor is Syrian and the people across the street are Mexican. But about 75% white.

Saying all people are the same is ridiculous. We may be the same species but we are not the same. Compare that to any other species, dogs for example. That would be like saying all dogs are the same. Chiwawas are the same as golden retrievers are the same as german shepards are the same as rottweilers. No differences, they must all be treated the same. Seems ridiculous, doesn't it? As ridiculous as saying all people are the same and there are no differences between whites, blacks, Asians, Hispanics, Indians, etc. How many Asian basketball players do you know?

Recognizing differences in different races of people is not discrimination. It's just fact. We all have different strengths and weaknesses, and some are very easily definable between different races of people. And people tend to make judgements based on those tendencies.

You recognize differences between different species of trees, right? Different species grow differently and behave differently when working on them. To ignore those differences would be foolish, especially when your life depends on it. Well, I have had many instances in my life where my life depended on knowing the differences between different types of people. Some are much more prone to violence and crime than others. If you feel like calling me racist because I don't ignore those differences then fine.

thats strange, why do they hate you because your white?

I do live there, or did. Certain areas of town (where I no longer live). I can go downtown to the black section of town and I am hated because I am white. I can head to the south side of town where I grew up and is now populated by Spanish speaking people (including most billboards, store signs and even street signs) and I am hated because I am white. I have lived here since I was 4 years old in 1969 and I am now an outsider in the place I grew up. My current house is about 17 miles from the house I grew up in but I'm in the next county and in a mostly white area. Not completely white, my next door neighbor is Syrian and the people across the street are Mexican. But about 75% white.

Saying all people are the same is ridiculous. We may be the same species but we are not the same. Compare that to any other species, dogs for example. That would be like saying all dogs are the same. Chiwawas are the same as golden retrievers are the same as german shepards are the same as rottweilers. No differences, they must all be treated the same. Seems ridiculous, doesn't it? As ridiculous as saying all people are the same and there are no differences between whites, blacks, Asians, Hispanics, Indians, etc. How many Asian basketball players do you know?

Recognizing differences in different races of people is not discrimination. It's just fact. We all have different strengths and weaknesses, and some are very easily definable between different races of people. And people tend to make judgements based on those tendencies.

You recognize differences between different species of trees, right? Different species grow differently and behave differently when working on them. To ignore those differences would be foolish, especially when your life depends on it. Well, I have had many instances in my life where my life depended on knowing the differences between different types of people. Some are much more prone to violence and crime than others. If you feel like calling me racist because I don't ignore those differences then fine.
I never said anything about us all being the same. We are all human though? What I was saying is that despite our differences, we should all be treated the same. Your racial statements are a little disturbing. Believing certain races of people are prone to violence and crime is the very definition of racism.

Are you joking Kevin?

hates a pretty strong word.. I have rarely ever experienced hate in my life based on my skin color. lots of distrust, wariness, skepticism but hate? I don't expect anyone to like me anyway without getting to know me so none of that bothers me in the slightest. Im not buying that Brian has that many enemies based on his skin color. I do believe that there are people that hate for a lot of varieties of reasons that is sort of a general percentage of the population sort of thing. Those would be Haters and they come in all shapes sizes and colors.

Damn, been reading up on eugenics lately?

Why would you not believe it? Because he is white? The wrong skin color to be hated?

He just made it sound like every brown person hates him because he is white. Why do they hate him but not me? Im as white as they get, yet very few people hate me for my skin color. Why is his experience so different from the rest of ours is what Im trying to figure out.

There's racism in every group of people in the real world. I know that goes against the media narrative that only white males can be racist, but it's nevertheless true. Yes, there are blacks that hate whites just because they're white and I've crossed paths with more than a few. In this area, it seems most latinos are pretty mellow, family oriented, and can get along with just about anybody. Most of them that I know are very hard working and entrepreneurial. Several latino friends have literally gone from rags to riches in a twenty year span. My hat's off to them. There are white folks, black folks and brown folks that hate people that are different, always has been, always will be. I'm determined to love everybody. They're all PEOPLE. I may not like their attitudes or lifestyles, but I will help them, bless them and open doors for them every chance I get. If they hate me, that's their problem, not mine.

Back