In The News...

Pretty flaky alright, Dave. It's not uncommon for countries to grant visas or residency to people that can put a certain amount of funds into a bank in that country, thus skirting the other requirements that people that don't have such money have to go through. Said to insure that the visa applicant won't end up burdening the county by having to go on welfare or anything like that. Putting visa granting funds to use for a politician's personal gain via an investment however, that's some shameful and arrogant funny business.

Probably it's not the first time that such an arrangement has gone on before in one form or another.

It might only be a problem for someone who inadvertently ingested the stuff, I don't think that's an incredibly uncommon situation.

I think we're pretty far removed from natural selection in general. If Darwin had his way with me I wouldn't of survived infancy! Instead, I'm here, polluting the gene pool... sorry folks:D

Justin. I see it more as a remedy than a problem...The only way to curb the mass use and addiction is for enough bad stuff to hit the streets for long enough to kill enough, until it scares people away from it...it won't quit getting made & sold until there is too small a profit to be made. La enforcement is a failure in this fight and will continue to be...they are profiting greatly from it also...at least here in the US.

Sorry for your friends' loss. Addiction is a terrible way to go and a terrible way to live.

Yeah, people tell me "it would be a different story if it was your kid". It sure as hell would. He would be in a cage in the basement shit'n in a bucket with nothing but a nightlight till he got his head out of his ass. I sat and watched my inlaws coddle and enable the wife's brother while he was addicted to crack and heroine. When they first found out they asked me what to do, I said NOTHING, don't feed him don't pay his bills don't let him live with you don't do anything. Fifteen years later he's in the ground, killed by kindness. What my wife alone spent trying to help him and his kids would've paid off our house. frig a bunch of junkies.

My wife would say she was "doing it for the kids". The kids need to be hungry and live without heat and electricity and they need to know WHY. It just might break the cycle of abuse. It's called tough love for a reason.

Sid Vicious's mom bought him his fatal heroin dose. Some time later she went the same way. They were very close was said.

Ha. I'd love to,introduce you to our friends who lost their son. Tough love, Darwin.

It's easy to talk tough, from the outside looking in.

You think only the children of bad parents are OD'ing? Their son was an adult, making his own choices.

How about the sixteen or seventeen year old girl a month or so ago who thought she was trying heroine for the first time to rebel. Dead in a public washroom.

Statistically the fentanyl Od's aren't discriminating. Quite a few professionals, doctors, lawyers, teachers are on the OD list up here too.

It's a little odd the drug dealers are killing their clientele but the draw of big profits from fentanyl and car fentanyl must be to strong.

That's a bit of the scary part of this fentanyl is you don't have to be a drug addict to OD. It could literally be your very first time. They haven't found it confirmed in pot yet, but damn near everything else.

Many here and many in general expiremented with all sorts of drugs in a relatively 'safe' manner. Now you snort that line, pop that pill, or poke that needle. Once. You might be dead.

So it's simple right. Everyone knows that, so they shouldn't do it at all. Uhh huh, abstinence is the answer. Where do we all sign up?

To me, these illegal chemists don't seem far removed from the legal ones what with their experimentation and lack of empathy for the suffering they cause...just another experiment to them...

Heh. You won't catch me doing it. It sure doesn't mean that I want to let fentanyl run rampant. One of the reasons they're using it is its rate of addiction is incredible. Once you've had a taste apparently, you'll be looking for the fentanyl.

I'm not wanting to just sit back and let it 'sort itself out'.

What was one of the real kickers recently. Groom and groomsmen OD doing a few lines of what I'm sure they thought was cocaine day of the wedding.

But that's alright. Every person growing up now can just skip out drug experimentation because now it's to risky. Everyone got that? Good. Simple right, no problem.

I hear what you're saying Bob. But the reality of it isn't playing Out well here. OD deaths are spiking like crazy from like last November on, month over month way up. So it's become a real burden on our system as far as emergency response. Because while the deaths are up OD's that people survive are way up too.

I think it's irresponsible to say that the druggys will sort themselves. Predators will prey on victims is what I see happening. Drug 'dealers' aren't using fentanyl because they want to kill their clients. They're using it for profit and because its way more addictive. So someone try's coke and gets a little fentanyl in there. Well now they are much more likely to come sweating back for a lot more. The dealers aren't trying to kill people, they are trying to suck every last dime out of them they can. More addicts the merrier for them.

That means more addicts roaming the streets, robbing, stealing.

I'm not at all for letting the drug dealers take care of themselves. They could gaf about the OD deaths as long as they're moving product.

The one good to come of it is organs for transplant. It's a real boom time right now for that.

Up here there's been coroners and funeral home directors and ambulance attendants, emergency doctors. A lot of the finest of people coming forward basically being brutally traumatized by the amount of death that they're seeing/dealing with.

It's not just something to sort itself in our society anyways. Everyone gets fullride medical here if you are a low/no income. So this 'crisis' is a real strain on our system. For us prevention will be much more cost effective than treatment and clean up.

I don't agree with how everything is done in my society but it doesn't matter if I agree with it. I'm living it, paying for it. I'd like to see this crap off the street for multiple reasons, from preventing deaths to the financial toll.

Back