In The News...

Overall you're probably right, but the mass killings seem to be the semi automatic guns
After Port Arthur massacre in Tasmania, semi automatic guns were banned. People still get killed by people with handguns, ex bikie was assassinated last week... Just not dozens at one go.

Once again...you think guns come in cereal boxes?

no they are made in factories with billions off dollars invested in marketing and lobbying. not to mention the free marketing every time someone shoots up a school. you know they are giggling with glee every time shit like that happens.

“you know they are giggling with glee every time shit like that happens”

Damn, if I had your crystal ball I’d be a billionaire, why aren’t you?

how is that hogwash? they are in the game to make money. If that was my source of income I would be psyched if fear was rampant and everyone was buying my product. Do you honestly think they are sad when someone uses their product for what it was intended?

think about it, guns as a product have a serious flaw in that they last a very long time. Bob and others have guns that are 50 years old and are working fine. They need to constantly convince their customers that they need more weapons. that takes a lot of advertising and fear.

thats an intelligent response. you probably don't believe that the tobacco industry blatantly lied while investing millions into marketing to kids right? this article is an interesting take by a hunter visiting a gun show and mourning that its been taken over by "wanna be SEALS". Im not hating on anybody its capitalism. If you want to make money you do what you got to do.

https://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/the-gun-nuts/shot-show-2016-part-i

sarcastic-man-thumbs-up-37530046.jpg

https://www.opensecrets.org/news/issues/guns/

in 2016 Gun rights groups outspent gun control lobbyists 10 million to one. Its an industry. you talk about it like it comes in cereal boxes or grows on trees. It is as corporate as it gets and the money wins. Its all about the marketing and the money. it sure as f--- isn't about shooting the rattlesnake under your beehive.

https://www.opensecrets.org/news/issues/guns/

in 2016 Gun rights groups outspent gun control lobbyists 10 million to one. Its an industry. you talk about it like it comes in cereal boxes or grows on trees. It is as corporate as it gets and the money wins. Its all about the marketing and the money. it sure as f--- isn't about shooting the rattlesnake under your beehive.

Yes, yes. Why did they not extend the assault weapons ban then?

Because of lobby money?

You are oversimplifying and undersimplifying it all at the same time.

what is your explanation as to why they didn't extend the ban? lobbying had a lot to do with it. money talks bullshit walks

You want a fight, gut the 2nd and get rid of the electoral college......then you will be in a fight.

I am starting to believe that is the whole point....why us Americans are different.

Canada has guns.....so does Europe.

Americans like to fight. We want to fight about race, money, class, sex, religion, guns, climate....what have you.

Just the way it is. When you go some where else you dont turn on the news and hear screeching about the niggers, dykes, kikes, crackers, honkeys, hicks, chinks, spics, shitty poor people or shitty rich people, shitty brown people or shitty white people.......

Why is this so hard to understand?

You want a fight, gut the 2nd and get rid of the electoral college......then you will be in a fight.

I am starting to believe that is the whole point....why us Americans are different.

Canada has guns.....so does Europe.

Americans like to fight. We want to fight about race, money, class, sex, religion, guns, climate....what have you.

Just the way it is. When you go some where else you dont turn on the news and hear screeching about the niggers, dykes, kikes, crackers, honkeys, hicks, chinks, spics, shitty poor people or shitty rich people, shitty brown people or shitty white people.......

Why is this so hard to understand?

what other countries are like that? I don't believe it one second.

anyway what do you think it would take to lobby congress to get a law passed protecting climbing gear manufacturers and designers from liability. That would be nice eh?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protection_of_Lawful_Commerce_in_Arms_Act

for one, most other countries are not as varied in types of people we are, but they seem to find the little differences. Class and accents in England mean A LOT. then throw in the immigrants and you have a lot of tension. Check out how the Eastern Europeans and their Roma populations interact. Think of the complexities of race in a place like the Dominican Republic are where everyone is a different shade of the spectrum. There are like 30 words for the different type of hair you can have. You don't think Brazil has these issues? India has been struggling with how their caste system fits into the modern world. We have our unique struggles but the rest of the world has to deal with that shit too. we just have a lot of guns to go along with all the tension.

To be clear, I LIKE guns, I like shooting them and admire the technology in it. I also like cigarettes. I will admit I was a victim of Joe Camel as a middle schooler. I collected enough camel cash to buy a camel ZIPPO in the 8th grade! that was a lot of shoplifted smokes as well as the cigarette vending machine at the Ranch Kitchen cafe on Colfax. Thankfully I stopped smoking tobacco regular about 15 years ago but I still love the smell and will still partake if Ive had enough to drink. F___ you Joe Camel. I could have been a really good athlete if it wasn't for you. lol.

There comes a point where one starts considering inaction of law enforcement, in matters such as the shooting in Florida, as having an agenda pushing it. So the FBI had reports of the guy and his postings, as did local law enforcement. Teachers also have to report violent behaviour.
So as far as I can see, this is a win for the anti gun side. One step closer in getting enough votes to sway enough states to eventually lose the 2nd amendment. I mean, after all, you can only truly control a populous if disarmed.
More laws will just be a step closer. No law will discourage criminals or the insane. But it will fail and have everyone screaming on the left for more. I doubt I will see the second amendment gone and guns confiscated in my lifetime, but I could be wrong. But, if they want a civil war, this is one good way to get one started. Figure more than 1/2 the country won't give up their rights of arms. Shit will hit the fan should who ever tries.
Most folks outside our country just don't understand how we hold these freedoms sacred and dear. But that is America folksUKJust like other countries have their culture, we have ours and roots in a belief system of defending our culture. Accept it or not, this is America.
Just my feelings on the mstter. Pretty sick of the whole mess and the arguing about it.
Those kids dying is horrific. Wish I could have been there with my legal fire arm with my legal carry permit to defend them.
Recent, this year, our governor here in CA signed into law, no guns except for law enforcement or special security in school zones. Up till this year, if say a teacher had a CCW and could get special permission from the Superintendent and or pricipal, they could carry. Able to help defend school children. Not anymore. So now, we shall see what happens next. Now there is no question some criminal or nut with a gun is safe to come to a school and shoot it up with out getting shot at. Nutz.
Oh well. Kick and scream and carry on and such.
Oh, did you see that mass murder thing in China with knives like a day or two ago. frigged those stats all up.

Back