In The News...

We've hashed it over a ton. But isn't Florida pretty loose with its gun laws?

Certainly I'd not want to be restricted from carrying a gun at a school if everyone and anyone can easily get a ccw and buy assault rifles. So alien to my whole life's experience that I can't even imagine it to be honest.

What is the consequence to the owner of the gun if another person uses it?

If people were to go to prison for their gun being unsecured, and people dying as a result of someone else's actions, things might be different.

Would it be different thanif I were licensed to own C4 and left it where someone could use it? Both are explosives used with a sort of a projectile.

Does the owner have any responsibility to prevent the guns' use?

People will ALWAYS make bad choices. Doesn't bring back dead and traumatized people.

What has this 'right to bear arms' accomplished anyways? Has it kept the politicians on the up and up? Has it protected you from invasion? What positives are coming from it?

I was hoping it would lead to more people shooting politicians, but that hasn’t panned out yet.

Kevin how do you think that 'argument' holds up with the victims families?

LuckovichThoughtsandPrayers_1000-850x618.jpg

cjones02162018.jpg

s5bwte4rdeg01.png

7C88335D-5FF3-4ED6-AC40-AFF16A9F8619.jpg

I personally don't think it does at all. but it is at least one check in the positive side of the ledger.

Big ole crocodile tears.

I dont really care what they might think about my guns, or why I own them, or why I will continue to own them.

All these louse bastards had the votes, many times in the past to pass "reasonable and meaningful" gun legislation.

Would not do it.

So I dont give much of a shit what they cry about now. Pandering sonsabitches.

Sean, in MA, if I don't secure my guns, I can be held liable if someone misuses it.

There are no simple solutions to complex problems.

What has the second ammendment done? It's kept guns in the hands of law-abiding citizens. What it hasn't done is provide an avenue for criminals to attain them. Criminals will always find a way to do harm. I don't have any solutions to this problem that don't involve a magic wand.

30/40 years ago there wasn’t the gun deaths that we have today but gun laws are stricter now. What part of the equation has changed?

I have 50 and 60 year old hunting rifles in the cabinet deadlier than the modern black icky guns in there. I think it would be a safe bet to say no gun ever made killed anybody on its own. Strike that last statement. I had a 7.7 Jap and a 6.5 Jap that looked like they were made by grade school kids. They’d probably kill whoever was brave/stupid enough to fire’em. heh

I don't know. A 50 year old rifle most likely isn't a semi right? I have a Savage target rifle in 308 which has a 1\4 moa so is deadly as frig to one person,. It holds 4 rounds so could be bad for 4 in capable hands , it is a bolt action for accuracy. I also have a Keltek RFB which is a semi bullpup in 308 which I have 20 round clips for. Bottom line if I want to kill one mother frigged I will take the savage , rampage the RFB. Only reason for a semi is rapid fire so even though less accurate more hits. I could stand to loose my RFB to reduce innocent casualties but it's a slippery slope. Do they then take my semi pistol?

The real problem is the soscialtal problem where mass shootings have become a THING. WTF?

Bob, if you were nuts and wanted to shoot up a school full of children, to achieve maximum carnage would you use your old hunting rifles or an AR15?

The entire discussion is ridiculous. Anybody that thinks they can stop some mentally unbalanced person from shooting up a school by passing yet another gun restricting law is idiotic. No matter what kind of gun you think you can ban, a determined individual will just find a different type of gun to use. Even a six shooter pistol will kill people, and if a person has 3-4 of them he can fire off a hell of a lot of rounds before having to reload.

Nancy Pelosi wants to ban 'assault weapons' and made up her list based on what they looked like. The mean, scary looking ones have to be more dangerous, right? How much good will THAT do?

IMO the reason we see 'school shootings' as a thing is because schools are gun free zones and a determined psychotic is obviously going to go for the biggest dramatic effect. Where can you find lots of defenseless people in one spot, where you have lots of time to kill a bunch of them before somebody shows up who can shoot back at you?

Remember when Obama was president and everybody was buying guns and ammo like crazy because they all thought he was going to take them away? I miss the good ol' days.

For those hunting children in a school setting, AR seems to be the go to choice

Remember when Obama was president and everybody was buying guns and ammo like crazy because they all thought he was going to take them away? I miss the good ol' days.

Remington just went outta business largely due to the Trump presidency, peeps not worried about gun prohibitions so they quit buying new guns. Unlike when Obama was elected, gun sales skyrocketed.

According to what I read somewhere it is.

What have you heard?

Back