In The News...

Instead of banning useful plastic bags, figure out environmentally friendly ways to get rid of ones that people won't use anymore. Some places have already done that. I'm curious, in the states where you get pickup, do you separate plastic from the other garbage when putting trash cans out in front of your house? Anyway, banning is not the most effective solution for people that don't like being told what to do. Instead, charge everyone ten cents to get a plastic grocery bag, you'll be surprised how quickly the shoppers will be stuffing their goods in cloth ones that they bring with them.

Naw Jay is right. Here they charge for plastic bags at a few places. It's sharpened my memory for bringing my own.

There is nothing gross about reusable shopping bags, burlap or whatever. In fact quite the opposite all the reusable bags we have are bigger and stronger than crappy plastic bags. Much nicer for packing groceries.

Just think... did we even have plastic like that 100 years ago?

Now we can't live w/o it.

Yep, although, there are some very useful plastics that make a world of difference used in medical applications and what not. Disposable single use, nothing good will come from that beyond a quick fix.

In regards to the tree ordinance subject, ask an Arborist from Adelaide City what happened in that town when the ordinance was lifted...

Im with Jim on the burlap sacks, no bueno.

May have been mentioned, but I have a great idea for grocery bags. PAPER!!!

Eco friendly, and they grow back.

Nevermind, blacksmith has the best answer.

I use plastic bags plenty, and reuse dog food bags, potato chip bags etc. virtually nothing is wasted.

Don't take plastic bags much though, at the store.

Jim you sound like you think most everyone hangs out in malls full time buying useless shit and no one know about the perils of plastic. I think that's not accurate, least I hope it is.

I have a big ass bag I got from Costco. Its insulated. I can buy ice cream and its still cold when I get home after running a few estimates.

I can somewhat understand people saying they can't do anything about global warming. But the plastic bag problem is totally a problem we could easily fix. Volonteerism isnt going to cut it though.

Costco is a great company. I hear that the employees get treated very well also. Some stores over here, but none close to me. I'd go there just to get a hot dog.

He looks like Bob Hope. Could the Clintons be psychopathic killers?

Their personalities do resemble people who have been serial killers in the past. A predilection for lying, putting blame on others, wanting the spotlight on them, and known to be of a certain intelligence.

Im with Jim on the burlap sacks, no bueno.

May have been mentioned, but I have a great idea for grocery bags. PAPER!!!

Eco friendly, and they grow back.

Whereas burlap doesn't.

Back