In The News...

I guess I'm at a loss as to what type of 'burlap sack' you guys are referring to. But I have reusable fabric bags. As I said, large, strong, handles/loops to put over your shoulder. Even have one insulated one as Kevin described. Way easier than plastic or paper bags for carrying groceries.

This is why we need 'rules'. Because I could type all day about how superior these reusesble bags are(been using them for years) and all I'll hear in reply is how disgusting burlap sacks are.:?

I think most of the "Burlap bags" are made from cotton, Justin.

They are considered disgusting because hippie types and Canadians use them, and we all know those have no sense of keeping things hygienic.
Probably use them to wipe their butts when no one is looking.

I have a couple that were sent to me as presents from some friends at the karate school in California, where I sometimes teach.
They do have rather hippie like decorations, but since they are from Arcata, that should be no surprice to other Californians here.

I use them all the time.
They are pretty and they remind me of "home".
They hold a lot of weight without the handles breaking and spilling my newly bought expensive bottles of Chateau Margaux on the tile floor.

Quite practical, in other words.

They also help me not pollute the oceans with plastic residue, plus if push comes to shove when I run out of toilet paper, I can use them to, you know.....................................so what is not to love about them?

http://www.torontosun.com/2017/07/12/canada-shouldnt-donate-to-the-clinton-foundation

So while I agree with Bob(ha I think) that I'd not like to see $20million donated to the Clinton foundation. This article will add a little more perspective than just hate like the article Bob linked. It's part of a greater 241.5million that Canada is donating all over the place specifically to help women's equality. So stick that in your pipe and smoke it chauvinists. The 20million to the Clinton foundation is earmarked to “support projects that will provide critical sexual and reproduction health (SRH) services” around the world.

Canada and our new priminister are worldwide leaders in advocating and supporting women's rights.

Bobs link doesn't mention how Trudeau has been a strong advocate for women since taking power, besides poking hate at him for supporting feminists. It seemed to leave out the bits about him speaking out at the UN against nations that treat women with inequality and barbaric like brutality.

Justin, does "Bob" seem to you like the type who spends a lot of time supporting feminists.

Good for Canada, we Danes are right with them.

No. I'm usually to scared to follow Bobs links, get me put on a Canadian no fly list or something, but this one I followed. Mighty hateful and discriminatory seeming to me.

Guess you'll be staing in Canada for a while:lol:

Justin, you'll have to learn this.
Hateful speak against commies, gays and feminists isn't discrimination.
God created them so the rightful would have something to hate.:D

It detracts from a valid point/discussion.

I am not pleased that my government is donating to the Clinton foundation. I can't help but think that they couldn't have figured a better recipient for even that small part of the 1/4 billion spent to support women.

I'm curious if any further tracking or accountability will be done for those funds?

I'd be interested in knowing what the rest of those funds were used for.

I could personally see a better use for the ones that went to the Clintons.

The EU has done the exact same thing and for the exact same reason.

For a moment I actually forgot that I hate the EU:lol:

( Question: I initially wrote " The EU have" without thinking about it.
Then realized thar even though EU is a conglomeration of countries, it is a singular thing, so I changed it to " The EU has".
Which is right?)

It's true burlap is ecofriendly. But so is wood. And Im a timber faller, not a cotton farmer, (if it's made from cotton, I don't know either) so I say paper!! :)

Then realized thar even though EU is a conglomeration of countries, it is a singular thing, so I changed it to " The EU has".
Which is right?)

I believe the correct way to say it would be "the EU has" :thumbup:

Which is right?)

I've given it some thought, and googling, and I believe both are acceptable.

If you feel that women shouldn't be treated as equals to men in all regards. Then we'll just have to agree to disagree on that.

Trying to recall basic sentence structure from elementary school, I will say that the subject (union) is singular so therefore the correct answer is has.

Back