In The News...

I believe August hit the nail on the head. Much ado about nothing. And I believe ( but could be very wrong) that Jay not only lives in another country but is not of the local ethnicity and is married to a local.

You're calling Jay racist? Are you really that stupid?

Not a racist, Much ado about nothing? Did you read that first paragraph. I don't care where Woodworker lives, or the color of his skin. That is the same old "science" that has been used for years to label blacks as a lesser race, and straight out of the neo-nazi, skin-head, white supremacist playbook. I for one refuse to support anyplace that allows this sort of hate to go unchecked, so Adios muchachos!

it has been standard practice since the beginning. 1650's again. nothing recent about that phenomenon.

Fine fine
Fine.

Keep going back that far. I think you get to wash your hands of everything when you do.

No sense in trying to figure shit out today I guess. These people are just screwed because of something that happened 100s of years ago.

no we can go back one, five or sixty years ago or 400 years ago. you can't just forget about the foundation on which we are all working with if you want to address the problem. We built this country on that foundation. It is what it is. There is no magical period where we as a country had it right. Sweeping all that under the table isn't going to solve anything. I agree with you completely that some of the things being done in the name of solving the problem are just the same policies renamed.

I just dont buy it Butch.

I dont think we have to accept our current lot in life because of some nastiness in the past.

Thats the very problem with believing that the problem is systemic. That means it is all encompassing....cant get away from it.

I dont believe it. I think thats the easy out so to speak. More hopelessness.

no we can go back one, five or sixty years ago or 400 years ago. you can't just forget about the foundation on which we are all working with if you want to address the problem. We built this country on that foundation. It is what it is. There is no magical period where we as a country had it right. Sweeping all that under the table isn't going to solve anything. I agree with you completely that some of the things being done in the name of solving the problem are just the same policies renamed.

Dwelling on the past will only make you resentful. If you cant get over the past you might as well not try to move forward.

1865 wasn't that long ago either. it really wasn't. my great great grandparents were alive then. My great grandmother remembered seeing general Sherman in a parade. thats a hop skip and a jump in terms of history. It seems to go by fast but not really. When was the last big battle of the Indian Wars? 1890. that wasn't that long ago either. Do you think things have changed all that much other than the invention of the smart phone?

Ole Custer got wiped out south of me a ways.

Chief Joseph met his Waterloo on some farm ground of mine.

The Indians still pissed about such recent history as that are brooding in their govt housing, cashing a govt check, eating govt cheese and too mad at life to get ahead.

Tests can be subject to falsehoods derived from them, and they can also be very accurate ways to measure things and draw factual conclusions. There is some debate over the IQ test results that show blacks come out lower, but it is far from a test that cut and dry misrepresents. Then there are other factors not determined by tests but allow statistical evaluation. If you read up on things and draw your own conclusions, and those conclusions happen to concur with people that see a genetic causality at least to some degree that is a reason for violence and crime, does that make you a racist? I don't think so, to me, racists are more the kind of people that don't study or use their brains to draw reasoning.

Positions like Rico's are in fact a greater racist effect attitude than ones trying to look at all the possibilities and striving to be objective. What opinion you form may not be pleasing for some to hear, but it's better than not wanting to look at possibilities because then the people that are in need of help quite very possibly aren't getting the attention that they need addressed to the roots of the problem.

Yes, I live in Asia with a very Asian wife. She gets an IQ test almost everyday by living with me. Mostly scores pretty high. :D

I think that most of the things in Jay's post are cultural, not genetic.

If you subject white people or brown, or yellow, or whatever to a lot of shit, let them live in shit, with the helplessness of feeling like they will always live in shit, I bet its not all roses. I'm not quoting population statistics here, but I think that most "black" people here are descendants of slaves.

I wonder how the hindu caste system works out by comparison, for the lowest members.

Never heard of this Warrior Gene before.

There was selective breeding of slaves. I wonder how that figures in.

Ole Custer got wiped out south of me a ways.

Chief Joseph met his Waterloo on some farm ground of mine.

The Indians still pissed about such recent history as that are brooding in their govt housing, cashing a govt check, eating govt cheese and too mad at life to get ahead.

Think about Iraq where they are still pissed off over a family fued that happened in 625.

Lead poisoning is a big factor of violence in my community. I'm sure of it. I was a substitute teacher her for a few years. Along with fetal alcohol syndrome. You can spot the lead poisoned kids from a half mile off. Dumb and mean. This old city is infested with lead. My wife is obsessed with it and still our daughter has a higher than ideal blood count. Its no joke. For a lot of kids, living in crumbling houses its through the roof. When one chip of ingested paint can cause permanent brain damage to a toddler, its an epidemic in this town and one that is not often talked about.

Back