In The News...

No idea on the breakup. Thanks guys, I'm on higher ground, no worries, most of the bridges and many low roads are closed though.

I heard it was due to the weather. A cold January and then a warm February to break up the ice. And all the precipitation.

Hope it doesn't wreck to much stuff over there Peter.

he chose the wrong job to be in. I dont think that I would be very excited about going against a AR15 with a handgun either.

I missed the part where he knew it was a AR15. That certainly blows a huge hole in lefts argument that cops will be there to protect you so you don't need guns.

Speaking of the gun debate, i am puzzled why there seems to be no talk about medical care, mental health services, parental responsibility, financial assistance, etc.
seems to me ignoring those concepts only leads to events like mass shootings.
Like giving advil for a broken bone instead of setting the bone, to use an analogy.

I am not as old as you guys....but I keep hearing about how when Regan turned the crazies loose from the institutions.

I guess the idea was to medicate instead of institutionalize?

Apparently the whole system was broke anyway.....before Regan shut it down.

Speaking of the gun debate, i am puzzled why there seems to be no talk about medical care, mental health services, parental responsibility, financial assistance, etc.
seems to me ignoring those concepts only leads to events like mass shootings.
Like giving advil for a broken bone instead of setting the bone, to use an analogy.

Because the issue is mental health and parental control. The agenda doesn’t call for curing the issue, the agenda calls for gun control. Without mass shootings the gun control argument falls flat. All you’re going to hear from the msm is gun control and nothing about the issue of mental health. 17 killed in a school shooting is horrible to even think of. 17 killed in Chicago is called a slow night but you never hear about it. Kinda odd huh, not really. If it doesn’t fit the agenda it doesn’t get reported.

I missed the part where he knew it was a AR15. That certainly blows a huge hole in lefts argument that cops will be there to protect you so you don't need guns.

he could probably hear it. either way he shouldn't jave been a cop. thats why I'm not one. I am going to run the opposite direction from gunfire every time. you could also say it blows a huge hole in the idea of arming teachers. if a cop is going to hide, what's the social studies teacher going to do?

certainly the problem is mental health, but honestly that seems a much more difficult a problem to control than a physical product on for sale in a regulated marketplace. its not comparable to drugs which literally grow from trees.

The cop probably got scared. He was a 30+ year veteran, probably close to retirement.

I'd sure hate to die OTJ in the final few years of my career.

Not condoning him, just empathizing.

If you can't stop terror, you defend against it. Metal detectors, locked steel doors, surveillance, guards.
But evil will always find a work around. Hell, load up your van with some fert., park next to the barriers.
My favorite was the flame thrower guy.....https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cologne_school_massacre

Rather than turn your life into a fortress, why not simply look at statistics instead and realize that the chance of being a victim of terrorism or for that matter a sholl shooting, is extremely small.

Most if not all of us here face higher danger just doing our job.

No idea, wtf is Mashal law?

Tree workers are more likely to die on the drive to work than in a work related incident, so no point worrying about safety at work then eh?

Back