In The News...

Not at all, it's almost by design. Doctors prescribe meds here like it's nothing, and most people have gotten to the point where they expect a prescription if they see a dr. Every time I've went in to see one, I've gotten at least 2 prescriptions, regardless of what I was there for. Prescriptions are seen as safe, and I've known people who have been on pain pills for years. It's gotten where resistant strains of stuff are quite common, and pain pills are everywhere. They even have drugs to combat the side effects of them (constipation, etc)

Isn’t it just the case that these opioids are easy to take (no jacking up, just take a pill) easy to get on the black market and give you a good hit.

I don’t really go for conspiracy theories like it’s government approved, there’s no profit in young people dying after you’ve paid to educate them etc.

Isn’t it middle class white kids falling prey to this as well as the usual ethic minorities?

There is an awful lot of bullshit flying around the issue.

Do doctors over prescribe opiates? Sure.

Does everyone who is on heroin get started by oxy? No.

Did our Mexican friends flood the market with cheap heroin? Yep.

Everyone is loosing their shit in the emergency services. People are running out of Narcan! ERMEGHERD! Fentynal can kill you from looking at it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are hysterical. Once in a while someone comes around and reminds them that you dont absolutely have to have Narcan to save the life of a opiate OD.

There is a little bit of a feeling of Empire Building going around.

Well, who cares about the lower class minority kids Mick?

One favorite source for the suburban kids is the medicine cabinet. Little Johnny is not getting Percoet for a headache.

He is getting it from his grandma or grandpa who was dying from cancer, or is dead. He is selling them or using them.

People dont actually stay on the pills for very long. Our friends, the Mexicans, saw an oppertunity to bring Heroin back in a big way for CHEEP!

There was a guy around here, years ago, that was selling heroin.

He got a couple sisters mixed up bad. They never did get out of it.

One day the father stuck a shotgun barrel in the dealers mouth and told him to leave.

He did, and was gone for 30 years.

Maybe thats the advantage of living in a sub rural area.

Yeah it's a bunch of white kids. All they are is pills. So easy to take. Pill abuse is super rampant, and not even looked down upon. I see it here, even friends of mine. To my knowledge none of them have gone to heroin, but I can imagine the leap isn't that far. I've had friends that would smoke heroin laced weed. I'm not personally familiar with the needle side of the addiction, and it's probably a very small minority that go there. But when everyone is given opioid pills at some point in their life, and recreational/self medicating use rampant as well (go score some Vicodin to help with back sprain, etc.) it happens. Apparently enough that it can actually effect statistics.

I had knee surgery. fairly routine and painless and was prescribed a bottle of 60 pills and told that once I was done to come back for the refill. I took two of the pills. definitly have tje feeling if I were to have eaten the bottle I would be living under a bridge by now. There is absolutely a financial incentive to flood the market with these drugs. there is financial incentive to push the stuff as hard as you can. its not a conspiracy its not hidden at all. a conspiracy implies that there are secrets about it. its just straight up business. the pharmaceutical companies here have a lot of power.

Back