Page 522 of 522 FirstFirst ... 22422472512520521522
Results 5,211 to 5,217 of 5217

Thread: In The News...

The weapons are deadlier now?
    Mastery is an illusion, grace a momentary gift, apprenticeship endless.

I have 50 and 60 year old hunting rifles in the cabinet deadlier than the modern black icky guns in there. I think it would be a safe bet to say no gun ever made killed anybody on its own. Strike that last statement. I had a 7.7 Jap and a 6.5 Jap that looked like they were made by grade school kids. They’d probably kill whoever was brave/stupid enough to fire’em. heh
    kitty kitty kitty

I don't know. A 50 year old rifle most likely isn't a semi right? I have a Savage target rifle in 308 which has a 1\4 moa so is deadly as fuck to one person,. It holds 4 rounds so could be bad for 4 in capable hands , it is a bolt action for accuracy. I also have a Keltek RFB which is a semi bullpup in 308 which I have 20 round clips for. Bottom line if I want to kill one mother fucked I will take the savage , rampage the RFB. Only reason for a semi is rapid fire so even though less accurate more hits. I could stand to loose my RFB to reduce innocent casualties but it's a slippery slope. Do they then take my semi pistol?

The real problem is the soscialtal problem where mass shootings have become a THING. WTF?
    "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face." -- philosopher Mike Tyson

Bob, if you were nuts and wanted to shoot up a school full of children, to achieve maximum carnage would you use your old hunting rifles or an AR15?
    Mastery is an illusion, grace a momentary gift, apprenticeship endless.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSmith View Post
    30/40 years ago there wasn?t the gun deaths that we have today but gun laws are stricter now. What part of the equation has changed?
    is that true? I was under the impression things are way safer now than then.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crim..._United_States

things were way more crazy 30-40 years ago. almost double what they are today.

The entire discussion is ridiculous. Anybody that thinks they can stop some mentally unbalanced person from shooting up a school by passing yet another gun restricting law is idiotic. No matter what kind of gun you think you can ban, a determined individual will just find a different type of gun to use. Even a six shooter pistol will kill people, and if a person has 3-4 of them he can fire off a hell of a lot of rounds before having to reload.

Nancy Pelosi wants to ban 'assault weapons' and made up her list based on what they looked like. The mean, scary looking ones have to be more dangerous, right? How much good will THAT do?
    -Brian