In The News...

Nice post Stephen.

Sad, but true.

I guess people really think its like a drivers licence....oh, well. Lost that I guess I will ride the bus.

You cant have my guns, and I will fight like a dirty sonofabitch to keep the rights I enjoy now.

Well, I quit tobacco again....a week ago.

We never had anything as neat as a Joe Camel.

We had grandfathers and hired men.

I'm older than you Jim you sure as hell had Joe Camel and the Marlboro man and so did your grandfather. if you were immune to marketing than they wouldnt bother to do it.

When would I have seen it? I dont remember PBS or CBC having tobacco ads.

Grandpa was chewing cut tobacco long before there was a joe Camel.

Camels made you stink.

I smoked Lucky Strikes or stolen Pall Malls No one would bum from you if you smoked Luckies.

Again extreme views and bullheadedness on both sides seem to let the problem continue. Some of it is simply culture clash...when I lived in Tuscon the whole neighborhood went out and fired our guns in the air at midnight on New Year's Eve...notice it isn't done in Times Square.

There is little sense in arming an educational staff that we can't even seem to screen the pedophiles and rapists out of.

Think Courts aren't gun free zones? try walking in with one.

Jails? Cops lock them in a box before they enter.

The biggest problem as i see it is entrance architecture and screening. One entrance, guarded, x-ray, etc and built for defense...this goes for vehicle loading areas also. We build like this all the time...courts, gov't buildings, airports, why not schools...it's really not that difficult with the right expertise.

Would it help to have trained full-time armed security at that entrance? Absolutely. Roaming the halls? no.

Do we want armed poorly screened, poorly/non-trained civilians/parents/PTA members taking turns waiting for a chance to shoot a troublemaker.?...nah Hell, even most police training doesn't seem to be adequate for decision making on when to fire and when not to...or when to beat the hell out of a citizen for that matter...

There is a viable solution somewhere if people could just get off their soapboxes and work together toward it...I think all this 2nd amendment and gun reg crap has nothing to do with security of our schools, it's simply more political rhetoric on both sides...same old, same old.

I used to own several firearms when younger, but sold them for my own safety after I started dealing with bouts of depression, and the realization that I have a very vengeful nature...I've nothing against them...just not for me.

I believe that a lot of the guns shot in the air in Detroit were at one time stolen from "responsible" gun owners.

I wonder what the stats are on stolen guns.

Good boy, Capitan!!!

Max, what happens if one of your kids is gay?

I mean, just suppose...

Back