In The News...

That is just because he believes the spin the media put on us.
In reality we are almost as intelligent as human beings.
Almost.

..... but what is "the media"....

It is a business and as such follows the money. Being a reporter may have been a profession at one time but that time, for most, is past.

A lot of finger pointing on this topic as in many others. The reality though, is we get what we have asked for. Not what we talk about, but what we actually do. Think about it.

It has always been so, the masses have the power and give it away for security, comfort and a perceived increase in freedom.

the masses have the power and give it away for security, comfort and a perceived increase in freedom.

Brings this to mind:

maslow.jpg

it is true that we used to pay for our news, now we just look at ads that pay for the news. we get what we pay for which is nothing. and why we have free bullshit such as huff post, breitbart and Alex Jones. I agree with you on that Dave. but there still is such a thing as reporters who work hard. we need to figure out how to better pay them and maintain their independence... not bash them and seek to discredit them.

where did you get that statistic? I spend a lot of time listening to radio which reaches more people than anything. that clearly does not tilt liberal. regardless, news and events happen regardless of your opinion about them. if the US invades another country, I want someone to tell me about it. nothing stopping a conservative from telling the story.

I read breitbart too. I read the comment section which is insightful to see that there are a lot of straight up unabashed racusts out there. there is no sugar coating it. to me that is helpful news I find it pretty fascinating. if I'm up at 11 o'clock you can bet I'm listening to Michael Savage. I love that guy. kind of like I love you Jim and Bob.

Never listen to Michael Savage or any of them.....the big names are not syndicated up here.

We dont have talk radio.

Once in a while I listen to a Canadian AM station for the talk radio.

There is a huge difference between American and Canadian callers.

I like to cruise Fox, the BBC, and RT on the internet.

I don't know much about salon. as for racists, well its part of life I guess. everyone is racist to some degree. some people are violently so. its all a matter of degree. I don't care for the ideology much. Some folks claim it doesn't exist or isn't an issue or part of life. read breitbart comment section and its clear its what drives a lot of people.

my liberal news is NPR and N.Y. Times. my international is RT and aljazeera. never found bbc very informative. my conservative news is fox which is too shallow and more like cnn and then there is breitbart which is mainly opinion. I read the detroit free press and also the metrotimes for local stuff. I like aljazeera because they rarely ever talk about our president unlike pretty much every other site which is obsessed with him. nor do they talk about sex scandals which has also dominated everything. RT does have some good stuff. I guess the talk radio I find interesting but I couldn't call it news. I want to hear what happened today. you pretty much have to wade through a lot of shit to find that. Definitely open to suggestions!

Back