In The News...

At least someone on here has tried to identify what "race" means.

Quite sorry gents... just jumping in here quite irrelevantly, without having done my reading with regard to the 383!!! former pages of posts. As you were.

Hey Squish, I sleep with my screen doors unlocked and windows wide open. I have a few guns but they're not for protection and would take me quite a while to dig out to use them. No need to protect myself. Most people just get one look at me and don't wanna risk it. Everyone thinks I'm batshit crazy and would rather just go a mile up the road for an easier target.

The problem is you can not have a race with ( no other factors ).
There you have it! Clearly it would be next to impossible to have a study on crime, with race as the only factor. There are obviously many factors when it comes to crime, but I will never believe that race alone is one of them.
Bottom line is I was taught to speak up when I see, or hear something I think is wrong. I did just that. I find some of Blacksmith comments to be offensive and racist, so I called him on it.

The problem is you can not have a race with ( no other factors ). You can have individuals within a race that break the mold but a race by definition is a "group" of people that have identifiable characteristics that are different from other races.

I'm not sure about that, Dave, there are races with different groups spread around the world and throughout different countries (and generations) who exhibit different characteristics. The fact is there is no science to support any of these superstitions, if there is, somebody show the light, or darkness, or something. :)

True, but the key word here, as i emphasized, is "group". If you take away all the things that make us different we are all genetically pretty much the same. Unfortunately, no one has been able to do that yet.

I can agree with that, there a certainly trends patterns and things like that in different groups of all shapes and size, group, not race, agreed.

So, if it isn't race that is a causality that has blacks and Hispanics having much higher rates of every type of crime than whites or Asians, what is it? Perhaps I can help you along with that a little, it isn't poverty. Contrary to many people that think the opposite, giving money to poor people doesn't reduce crime. Crime rates in those groups went up after the welfare state was introduced.

I live in a very homogenous cultured society, one with an extremely low crime rate, one of the lowest. Now with the influx of Chinese that have come here to live and work or are here illegally for what purpose only known to them, the crime rate is being affected. People are quite trusting here, I leave my tools in my truck unlocked outside my residence at night. Society worries about the change, it crosses my mind a little too now, folks here are really unprepared for it to escalate. Trusting souls are ripe for crime committed against them. Almost half of all crimes committed by foreigners here are done by Chinese. A certain racial diversity is making the country less safe. Now I've said it too.

I was reading about Debt by the discussion of universal health care and Jim's statement that it would lead to higher debt etcetera. Japan leads the world by far in the debt category. One of the explanations given for their high debt was interestingly the fact that the Japanese have so few immigrants, the population is getting older and they are having no sex. Just an opinion of course but I thought that interesting. One of Japan's biggest problems is its homogeneous ness. But that also may be its strength.

That's pretty simple, there have been thousands over the years. Any report showing the race of arrested, convicted criminals versus the census numbers showing the percentage of races in the population as a whole. Doesn't matter if it's city, county, state or national.

No offense but that is a straight up retarded perspective. Sorry.

I believe it's quite true, Kevin, both positives and negatives result form such a homogenous culture. Reduced birth rates has become a big problem.

No offense but that is a straight up retarded perspective. Sorry.
WTF is retarded about factual statistics? Blacks are incarcerated at 3x the rate of other races. The left says that's because racism but ignores the basic fact that blacks in general tend to be more violent than other races.
https://www.amren.com/archives/reports/the-color-of-crime-2016-revised-edition/
https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/tables/table-43

I think your inability to accept real life facts is retarded.

so 500 years of enslavement and active repression based on skin color has nothing to do with that? why does the US have the largest prison population in the world? your saying its because of a genetic disfunction of black people? Nothing to do with the way we have laid the foundation of this country.

I encourage anyone who is interested in the question of racial predisposition to violence and crime, to check out this man's video, "Truth about crime". He's been looking into the question for a long time. It's a long video, but if you stick with it you might well find some aspects of the subject that you've yet to consider, and that might well offer some support to views within the debate. The last part of the video I found quite fascinating, why some races are more prone to violence and committing crimes.

https://vittana.org/26-poverty-and-crime-statistics

Kids in my neighborhood are prepped for prison from a young age. Like kids in the suburbs are prepped for college. Its goes very deep.

......group, not race, agreed.

Yes and no. Technically, you can't have one without the other. So, even though a black child raised in a Scottish castle will be as Scottish as his red headed brothers, he is not a true representative of his race, unless you define race by physical appearance only. If races didn't live their lives independently of other races, there would be no definitive difference in any of us. Clearly, that is not the case.

So until something changes, the "group" and all the baggage that comes with it should be considered when trying to understand things that go beyond just the physical appearances that define races.

Back