In The News...

Good for you Mick. If what I say interests you so little that you can't even give a sh-t to reply. Then why bother.

Atleast you've finally come around to the memes.

Good input.

I wish that simply allowing people to die wasn't so socially unacceptable. People should be allowed to face the consequences of their bad decisions.

Of course the bleeding hearts here will misconstrue my statement as evidence that I'm a cold, heartless bastard only looking out for myself. Quite contrary, I spend a lot of time (and money) helping others where I think it is appropriate. Giving should be a personal choice, not mandated by the government to include every single person in the country.

Walter White had so much cash he couldn't count it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/u5BMl5lZeFg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I wish that simply allowing people to die wasn't so socially unacceptable. People should be allowed to face the consequences of their bad decisions.

You raise an interesting point. That idea might seem sensible. But what about that saying 'judge a society by the way they treat those on the bottom rung'?

If we allowed all the ones on the bottom rung to fall then society as a whole would consist of better people. The Darwin theory of evolution and only the strongest survive while the weakest perish. That would definitely motivate anyone on the second to bottom rung to do something different if at all possible.

Thinking the wealthy are stronger or harder workers is a foolish position. You and I have worked much harder in our lives then the children of the wealthy. Inherited wealth is the more problematic source of lazy people in our society

Yea I'd hate to inherit a bunch of money.

tpeayta-gif.2610

I think it's just perceived that way. I know many, many highly motivated productive people who have been essentially given money by their parents. Free ride so to speak.

My kid will have most things paid for by her parents. Schooling of any sort she desires. She basically wants for nothing. Sure she could,go,off the rails but we'll see I suppose. So far straight A's and 11hrs a week of competitive dance lessons with all recitals, comps, and workshops being over and above that.

But I went to school with kids just like her who were handed every opportunity by their parents. The majority of them I'd say aren't lazy. They are extremely successful highly educated people.

If I'd been handed money or had education paid for for me. I guarantee you I wouldn't have gone logging straight out of high school and I wouldn't be a chimney sweep now that's for sure.

I think the odd 'rich kid' who goes down in flames gets a lot more publicity then the ones that just go to university and become doctors and lawyers.

We have paid education here.
I still stopped short of going to university, went travelling and ended up where I am today.
Given a choice to do it over, I'd still go the same way.

Back