In The News...

to me it breaks open the myth that wealthy people earn their money on the virtues of their hard work and character. likewise poor people are poor because of their virtue and character or lack of. mainly we are all equally idiots at the end of the day.

I have been that disgusting drunk guy plenty in my life. I should have just drunk more at the game and I wouldn't have been so blown away by the scene.

Kevin, I personally do like hanging out with fat drunk people, I blend in. However if they can only talk about football, I will probably spend all evening trying to educate them about another subject. Failing that the homeless dude and I would drink my pockets dry. #I'mafundrunk

And the real criminals wear lab coats. That's why so many people are getting addicted in the first place. They are being subscribed at such alarming rates that finding pills is probably easier than finding weed, and people take them because they see them as safe because a dr said so.

So, there have been problems and bad decisions and bad plans and corruption and marginalization and ...

Where do we go now?

Does it matter what happened 150, 100, 50, 40, 30, 20, 10 years ago? Yes, of course.
And, where do we go from here?
I'm saying you have to be aware of the past and present to get to the future you want.

Blame the addicts, not the shitty healthcare system giving out ADDICTIVE, yes HEAVILY ADDICTIVE medication, like water. That will work out in reality, right? Did people make bad choices? Yes. Are people naturally flawed? Yes. Do we know that addiction is as human as heart attacks and people breaking arms? Yes.
Voluntary treatment should be available for anyone coming in of their own free will asking for it, same as a broken arm. Any doctors giving treatments that have a high likelihood of breaking your arm?

If you had a bone sticking out of your skin, I bet you'd be much more likely make a choice to take from someone else, given an easy chance, if it was the way to get your bone put back in, and the pain to go away. That's why addicts do shitty things.

Look at how our culture (and many) popularize addictive and dangerous behaviors. Here comes a shocker...then people end up emulating it and get addicted and/ or hurt/ killed.

I think it's bs to say that 'rich' people have it easy and the homeless are only homeless because they are oppressed. Utter bullshit.

My wife and I would be considered well off by most but both of us grew up poor, no family money, no handouts from anyone. Through our own decisions and work ethics we have what we have. Sure 'luck' plays into anyone's life and cards get dealt. But anyone that thinks that wealth comes easy to most is a whiny give me give me moron. Certainly it does to some, I know people who are rich just because of their families. I don't feel that they owe me anything, that would be weird.

When I look around I see poor life decisions leading to homelessness and somehow because they couldn't 'handle it' or earn their own way it's up to me to pay for them, to raise them up? I'm no friggin' Jesus, I'm just trying to make a living and provide for my family. How much money has to be taken from me and given to them before I just say fuckit let me roll my sleeping bag out in the ditch too and give me my fair share of everyone else's money.

The truth is there isn't enough to go around so you'd better damn well figure out how to get yourself some of what's there.

I credit this quote to Nate always. 'Life's a shit sandwich, and money is the bread'.

If you just wander through life, blowing money and taking zero responsibility for your actions. Don't look to me to pick up the tab.

Kevin, I personally do like hanging out with fat drunk people, I blend in. However if they can only talk about football, I will probably spend all evening trying to educate them about another subject. Failing that the homeless dude and I would drink my pockets

I guess it was a little bit of culture shock but it struck me a bit how these people were getting away with very poor life decisions.

Nobody likes paying taxes (well not many of us) and everyone thinks state aide should only go to the “deserving”

The problem is everyone has a different idea of what qualifies as deserving.

Nobody likes paying taxes (well not many of us) and everyone thinks state aide should only go to the “deserving”

The problem is everyone has a different idea of what qualifies as deserving.

I have zero issue paying taxes. I just find it ironic that welfare is being funnelled right into drug dealers hands at such an alarming rate that overdoses have a measurable spike after welfare 'paydays'.

And the other link I posted a couple of days ago about the pilot program for minimum income, yah that bugs me. As I said earlier if we are all going to be legislated to be 'equal' anyways. Why bother working hard to get ahead?

I get so sick of no one taking any personal responsibility for their actions. It's not the addicts fault it's big business, doctors, pharma, whoever.

We're all free to decide to do whatever we want. Yet somehow all bad decisions are someone else's fault. The poor victims.

I think there is no coincidence there. an army veteran friend describes being on a transport plane in afganistan along with a huge pallet of cash and a huge pallet of heroin. There is so much money involved that you are sure that along with money comes power and along with power comes the ability to make more money. Government checks for dope its perfect. Too easy.

And therein lies the rub. To me people that make bad decisions because they were influenced by media, rap music, doctors, big business, whatever? Well to f-cking bad. Smarten up. If you fall on hard times and escape down a bottle or up a needle? To f-cking bad, smarten up.

There's endless excuses for doing the 'wrong' thing. To f-cking bad, smarten up. And do the right thing. Like figure out how to feed, clothe, and house yourself.

I feel like people just want no personal responsibility and to just be looked after. Adult children. Grow up and do the right thing

I have zero issue paying taxes. I just find it ironic that welfare is being funnelled right into drug dealers hands at such an alarming rate that overdoses have a measurable spike after welfare 'paydays'.

And the other link I posted a couple of days ago about the pilot program for minimum income, yah that bugs me. As I said earlier if we are all going to be legislated to be 'equal' anyways. Why bother working hard to get ahead?

I get so sick of no one taking any personal responsibility for their actions. It's not the addicts fault it's big business, doctors, pharma, whoever.

We're all free to decide to do whatever we want. Yet somehow all bad decisions are someone else's fault. The poor victims.

With thanks to Steve Mack:D

Attachments

• 9A7A9913-1FEC-4FD5-AE87-75BEDA1D56CD.png
    9A7A9913-1FEC-4FD5-AE87-75BEDA1D56CD.png
    222.6 KB · Views: 38
Back