In The News...

You're getting to hung up on that Kevin. Really it matters not whether the pusher is a doctor or a drug dealer. People need to advocate for themselves and not be like, 'well the doc prescribed it to me for my stubbed toe so I thought I'd be fine'.

Look both ways before you cross the street and get a clue about what pill you're sliding down your throat.

Some folks need .gov to think for them Squish. There’s few of us that don’t.

So was Stig, LOL.

hqdefault.jpg

I just figured with your like for death metal rock, it would be a good guess.

I have much more sympathy for a person who does what the docter says (which is not the gov Bob) then someone who goes to the back alley.

my mother, for example, I know without a shadow of a doubt would take without question whatever the doctor gives her. that's the way she was taught. doctor is an authority figure. thankfully she has been healthy and never been prescribed anything more than a round of antibiotics

I have much more sympathy for a person who does what the docter says (which is not the gov Bob) then someone who goes to the back alley.

It’s not like those are the choices Kevin, straight out “let’s go down that back alley and do some hard drugs”

That’s not the way things happen, it’s much more subtle and incremental.

yeah mick I realize that. I am trying to figure out squishers defense of drug dealers in white coats. to me, there is a class of drug dealers that legally sells armed with glossy adds in magazines and on the Tele. there are drug dealers in the back alley. one goes to jail the other does not. one is considered a crime the other an illness.

Ok.

So do we blame the user or the dealer? Human nature or human weakness, try and stop some things or allow everything?

It’s tricky!

Justin I'm surprised you are against legalizing drugs with your opinion on self responsibility. I say let them have whatever they want and stop all the senseless millions spent on preventing it. If they die it was their choice and we need population control anyhow.

I'm down with legal recreational drug use of all sorts. I'm not down with drug dealing under the guise of "health care" which is inevitable in a health system run for profit.

There's been plenty of it around BC.

I don't have much sympathy for addicts whether they be a street person or a lawyer or a millworker or whatever. I was prescribed oxy for having my wisdom teeth pulled. I took it, was frigging awesome. When I didn't need them anymore I stopped taking them, sweated a little and went on living a normal life.

I know doctors prescribe them and whatever. But ffs has personal responsibility completely flown out the window? You have to be a f-cking moron to not know that pain pills are addictive and harmful. But a doctor prescribed you some so now it's no longer your fault you're an addict?

So you had pain pills for a simple, outpatient, planned, non-traumatic procedure, for which I took a couple pain pills, or just OTC NSAIDs. How about the person in a car wreck that has a shattered leg or broken back?

You're not hooked on sex or gambling either. Neither am I. I barely drink alcohol, even, and just went 5 days without herb while in Chicago, NBD.

Addiction is a brain-issue, partially genetic.

Some people today are pre-wired for drug abuse. My adopted nephew was born with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and cocaine-positive. Crack baby. He's basically f-ed. His executive functions for self-regulation are compromised. He doesn't get cause-and-effect of normal life as a 'normal' person would. Now, extend that to how he would understand the cause and effect of addiction, and its a losing battle. Hopefully, he doesn't fall in.

Somehow he's finishing basic training and lined up to become Military Police (scary, but true). He's played tons of first-person shooter games, I'm sure, so he's got a leg up.

My guess is that a lot of First Nations rez's and "Native American" rez's/ communities have FAS complicating things.

I happened to be reading up on it last night, randomly. Seems that with FAS, people appear to be more highly-functioning than they really are, because their verbal abilities are higher than other how brain-damage typically would manifest (easier to so see if the elevator doesn't go to the top floor).

Justin I'm surprised you are against legalizing drugs with your opinion on self responsibility. I say let them have whatever they want and stop all the senseless millions spent on preventing it. If they die it was their choice and we need population control anyhow.

The main reason I'm not for all out legalization is because people in general have proven themselves weak and stupid. I don't want hard drug use spreading anymore than it has because eventually it will impact me in a negative way. Getting robbed or whatever. Or having to pay more for other people's lack of decision making ability.

I'm not trying to say it's simple. Or that it's easy to make good decisions/choices. For some people it's harder than others. But the thought that it's the doctors and big pharma's, or the back alley dealers fault just doesn't sit well with me. Everything is someone else's 'fault' nowadays.

I will point out that many people get hurt or need pain killers. Take them, recover and you guessed it. Don't become drug addicts. but they don't make the news do they?

I've had lots of painkillers when I was hurting - never saw a reason to keep going on with them.

I much prefer moving my bowels regularly.

That is obvious.

You've kept one here for years.

We all dance to it:D

Back