In The News...

I don't disagree with your last post Kevin.

I would be right there with you in my teepee, sporting hemp undies and a pony tail if I thought it was actually about the enviroment.

Obama is for then against the pipeline.....because he loves mother earth? BS.

Money and politics.

Biggest bait and switch in a while.

Last year there was a ballot initiative here to ban trapping on state land. Looked fine on the surface...trapping being mean and evil and all.

Turns out it was pushed by a helicopter company that was going to get a huge contract to shoot and net animals on state land.

There is always another motive....even with nasty old oil.

Of course this is coming from an area of mineral extraction where our well to do people are poorer than your poverty stricken.

Always the way. Hydrocarbons pay the bills.

Kevin, your Cuba link, makes it sound like agribusiness has it's sights set on Cuba now that it is opened up and they can sell them chemicals now and get away from that backward sustainable ag :/:

Sorry, Jim.
Yesterday was my 60th birthday and while I've never celebrated birthdays ( Why celebrate that the day you'll meet the guy dressed in black and carrying a scythe, is one year closer)
Still, it pissed me of that I got sick on my birthday.

So I'm a bit grumpy and letting it get off at you.

I suppose a little disclosure is in order.

We suffer terribly when oil and gas revenues go down. Its the same as any state or area where the main economy is one of extraction. Get the wealth out as fast as possible, leave some crumbs. We live off the crumbs.

Energy, minerals, food, timber, you name it. Commodities is a bitch.

I guess a few dozen jobs building a pipeline dont seem like much, or the small amount of revenue for that matter.

When you have nothing else, it is not so easy to listen to talk about how things should be outlawed or protested. Its not the companies that suffer, its the people on the land.

So yeah, I might seem a little sensitive. Now everyone wants to cover the land up with solar farms and wind towers, but make sure it is in flyover country...certainly nowhere nice or populated, or culturally pleasant.

Yes we do, Butch. Not a bad thing to be reminded of them from time to time though.

You're a trip Mr. Conrad. I get the feeling you folks have a little more than crumbs!

Jim, would you host a treehouse rendezvous? It would be hilarious to see a bunch of tree workers congregate in the middle of the plains! :lol:

Back