In The News...

No, but opiates can make people crazy. I watched it happen. People are foolish to indulge in them if not absolutely necessary.

I tried various opiates. Lucky for me, my body always rejected em. I'm sure with my addictive personality that could have been a bad situation, for me.

Edit, I saw some good folks fall by the wayside with opiates. I miss those people. Such is life.

A few years ago I wanted to write a sci fi short about Richard Branson ruling the world, using robot bees as his army of spies. Seems it's not far off:lol:

Did you hear about the massive power pole failure in Jackson Hole? That was probably caused by high winds and freezing rain... These were huge steel poles. Some speculated that the forces may have built via occillation of the ice laden lines, finally causing the poles to break, maybe similar to how the Tacoma Narrows Bridge failed long ago (google Galloping Gertie )

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/business/article131442619.html

That was about Wednesday.... there were nine ski areas, in Cali, Wa and Wyo closed due to roads closed, and avalanche danger all on the same day.

Rain stopped two days ago, but all that water is still flowing down hill. My seasonal creek is still flowing. Our streams are still full. The dam is bein over whelmed.

So I guess the permanent drought has ended...

They don't record actual daily snowfall totals at the top of Mammoth, south of Lake Tahoe, but that's where the heaviest snow fell, it appears, and they were reporting 300" of snow on the ground, which probably meant 500" in total has fallen there this season.

Jackson Hole and Mt Baker in Wa each have recorded a bit over 400" this season....

Back