In The News...

Free would be better than none IMO.

Your system is set up so anyone without insurance is screwed.
People keep jobs they want out of for no other reason than to keep the health insurance provided my the employer.

I prefer the Cuban way,if you get sick, you get taken care of.

Now is where we need Bob to tell us how all the lazy scumbags milk that system, then you'll feel all right again.

It is past midnight here, off to bed.

Man, if Cuba's that kind of paradise, I bet they've got people swimming by the gillions just to get there. I'm surprised several of you guys are still here!

Anyway, active shooter at Ohio State campus, one shooter down one at large reports say. You would think the campus would be a gun free zone.

Reports have been updated to "active stabber", sorry if any resident libs got a chub thinking it was a white male with an AR.

Thanks, Levi, I'm checking out that video on extraterrestrial life forms disclosure. Never heard of it. If that vid was really from fifteen years ago, there hasn't been much happening it would seem.

Yeah, I thought it woulda made a bigger splash but... you know how it goes. Some of the witnesses are a bit kooky but some are legit military and what not. I don't remember it being 2hrs long, maybe there's an abridged version. Anyways, enjoy and let me know what you think!

I heard about the fires this morning. Our power went off around 5:30 last night, and we just got it back about an hour ago. We spent our honeymoon there, as did my parents, my sister and her husband, and both my married daughters. It's a special place to us. I hope they recover quickly. Has anyone heard how it started? I have put out three fires on a neighbor's property over the last 20 years, once from a dead pine bringing down the power line and the fuse didn't blow. It had just ignited when I drove by. A bit tricky stomping out fire around a hot primary burning on the ground. The other two fires I'm certain were set, as both were on the side of the dirt road on clear sunny days.

more then 75000 acres burned in western NC. Rain yesterday, and today.....hopefully they will all be out. We've had days here where the some is so thick you can't see 2/10 of mile. 40 something days without rain until yesterday.

Have there been any significant forest fires there in the recent past or is this without precedent and possibly due to climate change?

Like in the NE, there are loads of woods but forest fires are virtually unheard of.

Back