In The News...

You are right, Andre, and the Chechens all loved Czar Ivan the Terrible and the Cossacks. Everyone served them tea and biscuits when they came calling. I saw it on state run Russian TV!

By the way, Andre, who did you vote for in the Russian parliamentary election? I see that Putin even allowed some debates to be shown on your tv with the opposition that didn't get shot or poisoned.

By the way, Andre, who did you vote for in the Russian parliamentary election? I see that Putin even allowed some debates to be shown on your tv with the opposition that didn't get shot or poisoned.

Results of the elections 2016 -

Единая Россия ( United Russia) 54,27%
КПРФ (Communist party) 13,52%
ЛДПР (Liberal Democratic Party) 13,28%
Справедливая Россия 6,17%
Коммунисты России 2,35%
Яблоко (US Agents) 1,85%
Партия пенсионеров за справедливость 1,74%
Родина 1,44%
Партия Роста 1,18%
Зелёные 0,75%
ПАРНАС 0,70%
Патриоты России 0,57%
Гражданская платформа 0,22%
Гражданская Сила 0,14%

As you can see the list of Political parties we have much more than in the Country of a Totalitarian Democracy(USA). Are your favorite Communists scored less than 14%. As you can guess, I voted for the Russia.

Maybe positive, but too brief. The big dogs control the media. The lowest turnout by voters since the collapse of the Soviet Union, less than half the people that could have, voted. People don't believe that voting makes a difference, Putin would never relinquish power. Of course as could be expected, allegations of voting fraud. In Chechnya where United Russia received almost 100 percent of the turnout, if you don't vote for Putin's team, a good chance that you could forget about going to work the next day.

I guess sadly so. Can it be said that the democrats have a lead in trying to dupe the public? I sure see a lot of double talkers coming up before investigative committees, admittedly well spoken double talkers. The republicans can take their shots having the majority in congress, but one thing that I see that their bipartisan favor prompts them to do, is ask why in hell the democrats in government don't do their jobs.

Your letting the smoke cloud your mirror Jay...The dem/rep thing needs put down like a rabid dog, things will never truly improve with these two parties in control...they are like one controlling party - cancerous.

Likely right, Dave, but that isn't going to happen anytime soon. I think an unbiased justice department somehow, would be a big step towards responsible government in the mean time. You can't have the fox watching the hen house. The attorney general's office tiptoed through the IRS scandal like they do with all things that might get powerful democrats in trouble and reflect badly on the white house. You even get the chief law enforcement officer in the country, the president, making statements supporting innocence before the facts from investigations are even in. A person like the IRS's Lois Lerner takes the fifth to every question, not on extraneous matters but how she does her job, and with barely a wrist slap sails off into the sunset. She resigned her position, but no loss of her hefty pension for as much as a hundred grand per year. People getting away with impunity when they do nasty/illegal shit is not going to promote good government. Funny how so many things that could point to guilt get "mistakenly" lost when they have to be turned over. It's a mockery of justice.

I'm not saying the republicans are any better, but with Obama's appointees that we can look at over recent years, with various things that have occurred, justice is scarce when the best possible outcome would be to hold people responsible and clean house in parts of government.

Guys, watch the vid of Warren giving hell to the CEO of Wells Fargo, it's beautiful. That's what I'm talking about! Right up her alley, the lady senator is a strong consumer advocate, has a main focus to help protect people from unscrupulous business exploitation. "Deepening relationships with customers", he says, what she repeatedly calls a scam. Chewed him up and spit him out.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...beth-warren-grill-wells-fargo-ceo-john-stumpf

Back