In The News...

I remember if you found a dime on the street you could go to the market and buy something with it. You still can here now, a small plastic bag to carry your purchased goods. :(

I remember getting a dime a week for my allowance.

I could buy a comic book and a Tootsie Pop!

I don't quite remember buying Tootsie Pops, but Pez was big. Everyone had one, so you could just say "Pez me" if you wanted a different flavor in your mouth. I see the dispensers have evolved, they don't only look like cigarette lighters anymore.

I give the guys around here shit about their Dodge diesel pickups. They leave them idle all year round.

Back in the day I raced motorcycles. I raced heavyweight super bikes. My mechanic was a cool dude, crazy old dump truck driver that had an IQ through the roof and could shoot the balls of a knat at 1000 yards. He apprenticed at cummins as a diesel mechanic. He always schooled me on how to treat a motor, especially a diesel. Always warm her up and always cool her down. He maintained that 90% of engine wear was at startup. My wheel loader with its 27hp diesel idles all day long, Im not going to start it 50 times a day. Maybe Im just old school, makes me cringe to think of all these new cars that constantly shut off their motors....... But I've never heard about their motor blowing up.

Interesting, PC.

Re I remember when- chocolate eclairs were 35 cents, crazy expensive but an awesome treat once in awhile. There was penny candy for 1 or 2 cents apiece, snickers were 10 or 15 cents.

Back in the day I raced motorcycles. I raced heavyweight super bikes. My mechanic was a cool dude, crazy old dump truck driver that had an IQ through the roof and could shoot the balls of a knat at 1000 yards. He apprenticed at cummins as a diesel mechanic. He always schooled me on how to treat a motor, especially a diesel. Always warm her up and always cool her down. He maintained that 90% of engine wear was at startup. My wheel loader with its 27hp diesel idles all day long, Im not going to start it 50 times a day. Maybe Im just old school, makes me cringe to think of all these new cars that constantly shut off their motors....... But I've never heard about their motor blowing up.

The warming down thing is interesting.

My new chipper is turbocharged and a minutes warmdown is advised.

It gives the turbo time to cool down.

The blades are not much of a worry, but the center section with the bearing is.

When the engine is running the oil pump moves a LOT of oil through the center of the turbo. For lubrication and cooling. If you shut it down hot the heat from the blades will sink back into the center and a tiny layer of oil will burn and stick to the shaft. We used to call it "cokeing" to the shaft.

When the engine cools down and everything shrinks back down that thin layer of coke can be enough to cause the clearance between the bearing and the shaft to be too tight. When started back up that over size shaft can wipe off part of the bearing or score the shaft. Eventually the turbo will fail.

Geeze, that took longer than I thought to explain.......a question no one asked!

Geeze, that took longer than I thought to explain.......a question no one asked!

It WAS asked silently here...your ESP must be working. Thanks for taking the time to explain. Takes some of the superstition out of it.

Thing is, these days any man or woman can just declare themselves as the opposite sex and they have the legal right to do so.

So why can't a white person just declare themselves as black? Or vice versa?

In the 50s, Louis Bellson, the great jazz drummer, was the only white player in Duke Ellington's big band. Potential problems for Louis when the band played in the south, they told everybody he was Haitian. It confused folks enough that he got a pass on possibly being a black lover.

i wonder what that will do to doping laws. wouldnt be suprised to see doped up trans showing up in the nba or mlb and nfl. than its like why does she get to use that stuffand i dont!

Back