In The News...

they have already been distorted, changed, and sanitized from their original so much that who cares anymore. they have little or no resemblance to the real thing.

Felt violated all the time, I guess.
I feel soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad for them.

That was written by someone who has a real hatred of the Navy.

I made two WESTPAC cruises under the 7th fleet. Nobody died.

Um that was eons ago. The seventh fleet has had boatloads:lol:of serious mishaps lately. Sounds like they are extremely underfunded.

I didn't read of all that many mishaps in that article.

The military does dangerous shit with dangerous equipment.

Shit WILL go wrong.

Im talking in the last few months those couple navy ships that accidentally rammed civilian ships, sailors died, an admiral got canned over it. And this week the plane crash. There are no coincidences.

From my armchair I'm guessing underfunding and complacency.

Nah but the beginning of more accidents and incidents until chit gets squared away.

That was an eye catching quote about hoping north korea doesn't launch the real deal cuz the navy won't be able to do jack about it.

what does that even mean? would life be better without media? I dont get that perspective. I have gripes about corporate media control, but that's a case of crony capitalism gone crazy. not a problem of reporters finding stories and reporting on them.

Life would be better if media only reported the facts and not put their agenda driven spin on every story. If you can’t see what they’re doing just maybe you’re part of the problem, maybe.

no I see that, and its frustrating. but what is "the media". we need people being able to tell us the news. the answer to the problems with the media is not to not have media. that's Stalinism. Being a reporter is a noble profession in my opinion. if you dont like what the reporters are telling you the answer is not to shoot them and discredit them. its to go out and do the investigating yourself. the problem with the media in my opinion comes back to individuals like bezos being able to amass over 100 billion dollars and simply own it all. they are the ones that get to tell the story.

no I see that, and its frustrating. but what is "the media". we need people being able to tell us the news. the answer to the problems with the media is not to not have media. that's Stalinism. Being a reporter is a noble profession in my opinion. if you dont like what the reporters are telling you the answer is not to shoot them and discredit them. its to go out and do the investigating yourself. the problem with the media in my opinion comes back to individuals like bezos being able to amass over 100 billion dollars and simply own it all. they are the ones that get to tell the story.

Wow. Somebody disagrees with you and you start spouting off about Stalinism and shooting reporters, trying to marginalize the other person and associate his opinions with extremist views. This is a perfect example of why I try to avoid any comment you might have on anything except tree work. You drag your frigged up political views into everything.

saying that the media is the problem is an extremist dangerous point of view in my opinion. take it or leave it. healthy media is absolutely critical to a free and open society. I am not happy with the way media is structured. but saying the media is the problem is an easy out.

Back