In The News...

Remington is owned by the "freedom Group".....owned by Cerberus Capital.

Cerberus bought a bunch of companies. Marlin, Bushmaster Dakota, and others.

Operations were "modernized" and workers fired.

Quality control went to absolute shit and several great products were either ruined or unavailable.

People quit buying the products because of quality issues and unavailability.

The equity was raided out of these companies.

Its a nice thought that there was a huge backlash and the proletariat brought down these big companies.......but its bullshit.

Corporate raiders brought down these companies.

The equity was raided out of these companies.

Its a nice thought that there was a huge backlash and the proletariat brought down these big companies.......but its bullshit.

Corporate raiders brought down these companies.

I'm wondering how you know this stuff.

How did Cerberus make any money from buying these companies if they went insolvent?

Basically, most of the gun companies were in tough shape in the 2000's.

Winchester had basically been struggling since the 60's, being bought and sold several times.

Old machinery, labor difficulties, expensive designs, lots of debt.....sound familiar?

So the big companies came in and tried to streamline things. Modernize and such.

Big companies specializing in rescuing "distressed" businesses.

They just got it wrong. Bits and pieces were being sold off since the beginning of the "freedom Group".

As far as how does the financial world work in regards to Cerberus buying and selling these kinds of companies?

I dont have the slightest idea. I still dont understand buying bad Mortgages.

I can tell you that Remington and Marlin were pretty decent firearms....still are.

But the boys would not buy them once the bean counters had their way.

Remington just went outta business largely due to the Trump presidency, peeps not worried about gun prohibitions so they quit buying new guns. Unlike when Obama was elected, gun sales skyrocketed.

Remington has been in business for over 200 years but goes belly up because of one man? :/:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bnoFKskvSq4" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The entire discussion is ridiculous. Anybody that thinks they can stop some mentally unbalanced person from shooting up a school by passing yet another gun restricting law is idiotic. No matter what kind of gun you think you can ban, a determined individual will just find a different type of gun to use. Even a six shooter pistol will kill people, and if a person has 3-4 of them he can fire off a hell of a lot of rounds before having to reload.

Nancy Pelosi wants to ban 'assault weapons' and made up her list based on what they looked like. The mean, scary looking ones have to be more dangerous, right? How much good will THAT do?

IMO the reason we see 'school shootings' as a thing is because schools are gun free zones and a determined psychotic is obviously going to go for the biggest dramatic effect. Where can you find lots of defenseless people in one spot, where you have lots of time to kill a bunch of them before somebody shows up who can shoot back at you?

If that is so, why don't we have school shootings in Europe?

can you imagine a kid in the states attacking his classmates with a crossbow and a machete? he would get laughed out of town.

Sure Jim, but nothing that counts much against what you guys have.

Nah, that's just called going medieval.

What would be interesting is to see how many kids here vs how many kids in Europe have mental problems and choose to act out like this. I'm sure easy access to guns makes it easier, but I also wonder if Europe's better healthcare is the real reason...

I feel like the less restrictions there are on guns the more it would just up the ante so to speak.

If we were allowed to have assault rifles and big magazines, or concealed carry handguns. I'd have them for sure. But we're not so I don't.

The math seems simple to me on that. More restrictions=less dangerous guns and less guns in general. Make something even slightly more difficult than easy peasy and participation will go way down. Less guns=less gun violence.

I know it's a popular opinion. Lol.

Back