In The News...

Seemed like a very adult reaction to me.
Get the hell out of Dodge, then call for help.

Whoever taught that girl should be proud.

It all depends on which side to look at. For CNN readers they are fighters freedom fighting foreign occupation and a repressive dictatorship and so on and so forth. For the people of Syria they are terrorists and enemies of the state. It was the Evil Empire who arranged all this mess in Syria.

I'm sure it depends on which Syrian you ask. A foreign soldier killed in a foreign land by a resident of that said land can in no way be called a "terrorist" attack.

like who is being terrorized by shooting down a bombing jet,? the Russians? say "enemy combatants" or "fighters, rebels... but the use of the word terrorist by any news source be it american, Russian, Turkish.. whatever its justa clear sign that I'm trying to get sold something. I appreciate the news though.

On a different note... Interesting that no one here on this vibrant, in touch, internationally affiliated website mentioned the Super Bowl (unless I missed any references).

Well it was a good game, big upset. I enjoyed it. But few to no NFL fans here, that must say something. Not sure what, but something.

I was rooting for the Pats too, wanted to see more history be made.

Did you hear that an hour ago, Josh Mcdaniels backed out of the Colts head coaching job, staying with Patriots after all. Kraft must have sweetened the hell out of his contract and Kraft also wants to stick it to Colts cuz of Deflategate. Lol, all 4 of the Colts other options for HC have already taken other jobs.

Well, I guess not.

To react that way is not always instinct though.

Often times a kid will hide in a closet or under the bed.

Fire safety training helped them.

Dahlia's preschool works with the fire department. The firefighters come in to talk to the kids. They see the ff in full suit/ helmet/ mask, with the funny-voice speaker thingy.
The kids are supposed to learn its a ff, not a monster to hide from.

They get to go on the truck.

5 year olds get to go to the fire station.

On a different note... Interesting that no one here on this vibrant, in touch, internationally affiliated website mentioned the Super Bowl (unless I missed any references).

Well it was a good game, big upset. I enjoyed it. But few to no NFL fans here, that must say something. Not sure what, but something.

it was a good game. it'll be a while before I get that imahe out of my head of Cook getting t-boned in the temple. damn I can't imagine ever being the same after an impact like that.

Some shoulda started a SuperBowl thread!

1UPUJh2.gif

Back