In The News...

Was met with some serious animosity after leaving my boulder bubble and driving down south with my fair lady (who sometimes likes to dress in a provocative manner). I was a bit surprised, but still had a great trip. Even in Taos, which I fancied to be some type of liberal haven, the tension was evident. Further south we had a policeman tell us it was not a safe town for tourists, we had a rental car with NY plates. Rural NM is very poor and down trodden, this seems to be the root of the tension. Like I said though, it was a great trip and I'd gladly go back anytime, without a gun (that part was a joke) So many incredible places and people down there like this spot, highly recommend a visit to anyone.

http://www.elsantuariodechimayo.us/

I loved NM.

Did you ever make it to Acoma Pueblo? It was an awesome experience up on the Mesa.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acoma_Pueblo

Was met with some serious animosity after leaving my boulder bubble and driving down south with my fair lady (who sometimes likes to dress in a provocative manner).

Sounds like provocative provoked.

Nice, Jim, you play with a band from the rez? It's nice have immunity;)

New Mexico was one of my most odd (and a bit scary) racist experiences, a lot of pissed off natives and mexicans down there. If you want to bring a pretty lady, better bring a gun too, was the way I was left feeling after my last visit.

I lived in Espanola for a while. I got the shit beat out of me for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. The kids were high out their minds and I was an easy target. That said, it was one of the most beautiful places in the world and most of the people were awesome. As long as they were not drunk or high. Low rider capital of the world!

I'm a New Mexico native. Born in Gallup. Pretty amazing place.

I dont think you could ever do that, however there was more private charity back in the day.

I think we should be rewarding poor families for staying together, rather than paying them to have more babies as single parents.

I watched an interview with a black couple one time. They were having a real hard time making ends meet, as they had a child together.

She could have received more money being a single parent than they could have staying together.

These kids NEED positive male role models, and the programs are chasing them away.

You are worried about the world population right? Why are we paying poor people to have children? Children that are much less likely to have positive influences in their lives?

Children much more likely to turn to drugs and crime?

No shit, that's the town where to police told us to vacate!

Its a rough town for sure. They like to cultivate that image. Its a hub in the drugs going north and guns going south super highway one of the oldest pemanently occupied settlements in North America. A lot of people still speak Spanish there and they are not Mexicans. They will get real pissed if you call them Mexicans. Their families go back way beyond any English speakers. Than there are the Pueblos, then there are the Mexicans. Wild intersections of cultures. Throw in the new age crystal worshipers and various religious communes. I worked on a horse ranch and could ride out into the Llano for miles and miles. Then could ride down to the Rio Grande and swim. I played rez ball on the pueblo every day. Had a little Suzuki 250 bandit that got me around. I was on my horse when I ran into those kids. They surrounded me and pulled me off the horse, the horse ran home. An older man stopped the pummeling and brought me home. I've stayed well clear of groups of 4 or more bored kids ever since. Something that so far has kept me from harm in Detroit.

Great synopsis of the area! Rich in culture and history no doubt about that. Sounds like a nearly idyllic lifestyle you had there, aside from getting beat up of course.

Blacks have lower mean IQ results on test scores than Hispanics, whites, and jews, it goes in that order, jews on top. Blacks have a much higher rate of having a gene, called the "warrior gene" that produces greater amounts of testosterone. High rates of testosterone are linked to violence and crime. Blacks often tend to have shitty diets. Blacks spank and abuse their children at a higher rate than other races. Poor family environments combined with divorce appear as factors.

Combine certain factors and you get people prone to commit crime, and experiencing violence at home, especially combined with the other factors mentioned above, and you get a propensity to commit crime. Environmental or factors based on genetic inheritance as a predecessor to commit crime can be a debate, but it isn't difficult to infer that it is a combination of the two. I guess nobody watched the vid. :(

It's also non productive to get all worked up by someone saying that race is a factor in crime. If you don't want to look at the possible reasons that certain people commit more crime than others, those people and their families, our communities, that suffer because of both committing and being victims of crimes, will never get any help to try and solve the serious problem in society.

Don't do us any favors if it pains you to stick around to discuss things. Running off accomplishes absolutely nothing other than supporting your own tendency to have lack of knowledge. I wonder if there could be a "self righteous" gene?

Blacks have lower mean IQ results on test scores than Hispanics, whites, and jews, it goes in that order, jews on top. Blacks have a much higher rate of having a gene, called the "warrior gene" that produces greater amounts of testosterone. High rates of testosterone are linked to violence and crime. Blacks often tend to have shitty diets. Blacks spank and abuse their children at a higher rate than other races. Poor family environments combined with divorce appear as factors.

Combine certain factors and you get people prone to commit crime, and experiencing violence at home, especially combined with the other factors mentioned above, and you get a propensity to commit crime. Environmental or factors based on genetic inheritance as a predecessor to commit crime can be a debate, but it isn't difficult to infer that it is a combination of the two. I guess nobody watched the vid. :(

It's also non productive to get all worked up by someone saying that race is a factor in crime. If you don't want to look at the possible reasons that certain people commit more crime than others, those people and their families, our communities, that suffer because of both committing and being victims of crimes, will never get any help to try and solve the serious problem in society.

Don't do us any favors if it pains you to stick around to discuss things. Running off accomplishes absolutely nothing other than supporting your own tendency to have lack of knowledge. I wonder if there could be a "self righteous" gene?

Man I didn't want to respond, but couldn't let this one go. An amazing post! The first paragraph is absolutely stunning. Really. You have brought a new level of racism to this forum, with your hate filled rubbish! The IQ test has been widely debunked by folks far smarter than you and I , because it is deeply flawed, with built in cultural and racial bias, as well as many other problems. My wife is the proud owner of a few Masters Degree's in education, and has studies the IQ Test extensively, and she is of the opinion that is not an accurate measure of one's innate intelligence. Add in cultural, racial, and socio-economic differences, and it is a pretty piss poor way to evaluate intelligence.

Humans of all races have the propensity to be nice or mean to each other.
db26cc992274c66614f5967d9901d3b4.jpg

aug

Man I didn't want to respond, but couldn't let this one go. An amazing post! The first paragraph is absolutely stunning. Really. You have brought a new level of racism to this forum, with your hate filled rubbish! The IQ test has been widely debunked by folks far smarter than you and I , because it is deeply flawed, with built in cultural and racial bias, as well as many other problems. My wife is the proud owner of a few Masters Degree's in education, and has studies the IQ Test extensively, and she is of the opinion that is not an accurate measure of one's innate intelligence. Add in cultural, racial, and socio-economic differences, and it is a pretty piss poor way to evaluate intelligence.
You're calling Jay racist? Are you really that stupid?

Back