Stihl 090

frans

TreeHouser
Hey all greetings and happy holidays
Been some time since i chacked in, glad to see the house is still alive and kicking!

Every winter when i clean and sort out the house and shop i keep bumping into my stihl 090. New saw, never fueled or oiled. 7' bar and macdonald t hardhat
Takes up alot of space and once again thinking of selling it
Willing to sell to a serious collector. Prob should put it on ebay but dont want to deal with them.
Lemme know, no lowballers. Just as well keep it for another 5-10 years.
Thx frans

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 190
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 187
Green with envy n droolin here!

God I miss manual oilers on long bar saws...

Jomo

Very nice .It's for the very, very serious collector but not the only one in the world that has never been fueled .One as matter of fact was the last one ever sold out of Canada which resides in Ohio .Sold by John Lambert AKA Gypo logger .I have pictures of that one .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you all for the welcome! Burnham, i am closer to finishing that land rover. I will send you pictures of your winch when the painting is done.

I have a Stihl 090 av it's been sitting in a shop for the last ten years. I'm curious to know it's values. It has a 42" canon bar with two chains (one skip chain)

It's crazy how they left the spark plug/boot exposed just chilling on the top of the case like that.
Well proven design for reliability, as it started out way back in 1959 as the Contra or Lightening as called in other parts of the world.

What was the Lightening Willard? I've heard guys up here talk about the old Stihl Lightening saws (they were talking about the 090's specifically). Were they higher compression versions of existing designs? Curious.

Cheers

Welcome to The House Jonny81. I have always agreed with the interpretation I heard once that a 'willing seller and a willing buyer' is what gives you the value of something. There are 090AVs on ebay at about $4K....well one....it hasn't sold in several years of being listed and re-listed. That is a pretty good indication of what that saws value isn't in my opinion.

Do you want to sell your AV? And if so how much?

What was the Lightening Willard? I've heard guys up here talk about the old Stihl Lightening saws (they were talking about the 090's specifically). Were they higher compression versions of existing designs? Curious.

Cheers
They were called Lightning in North America and Contra in Europe and other countries. No difference in the 2 models.

I think we all wish we had kept those things that were just every day items in our youth and have become collector's items since.

Sure wish I hadn't sold that Bugatti type 41 for scrap metal.

Back