45 Trees, 3 climbers, 3 weeks of residential logging.

Western Bark Beatle with the help of the drought...mother natures way of cleaning up the forest's, thinning the herd!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
This may be a repost.
Setting up of the Gin Pole for the garden path trees
This was the primary pole for the garden area trees. A second rigged off from this one at 100-110 to deal with a tree on the other side of the path. You see Dave stripping that rear tree out in this vid.
KK was on the base of this tree.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Qc_XBS4Gfn8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

For the first time I heard of a preventative where you drill some holes around the circumference of the tree and stick in a vial in each one that drains a pesticide. Apparently it may not always work, and if the bugs are present it's definitely too late. Lasts something like seven years, but over here it's expensive, something along the lines of close to two hundred per tree for our average size. Few people go that route with the preventative, but the trees we don't pull out at one guy's vacation home, he wants it done if they seem good candidates.

He pockets the butts. I hate that about everyone smokes in this business.
Just really starting to see rain now. Been raining here and there. Second day into the job was rained out and we had snow on the peaks that quickly melted. Up till yesterday, you could still about light pine needle with a match.
We are having frost and heavy dew now that keeps things moist in the morning and evenings now.

What did you need the block at 125' Gin for ? ... A long rope as well I guess. Damn if ever get that high at work here... Again what a cool job , H.O. def had a problem.

He pockets the butts. I hate that about everyone smokes in this business.

Smoking is one of those things where even if you don't at all know the person, just the fact that they partake in such an activity that has potential repercussions beyond their worst nightmares, it tells you that they are an idiot to some degree. It won't be a dream when some doctor has to start shoving things into them at possibly any place imaginable, and have to take poison because it's a lesser consequence. I saw a lot of people in cancer wards recently, and they looked very unhappy. Light up, yeah!

Sorry, it really bothers me now, that folks can be so reckless about their health in that vein and possibly throw away such a precious thing. I suspect that they don't know the half of it. Anyone here that might smoke, unquestionably you have to stop. If not for yourself, for your family, because they will really suffer as well.

What did you need the block at 125' Gin for ? ... A long rope as well I guess. Damn if ever get that high at work here... Again what a cool job , H.O. def had a problem.

We had to float 5 trees out to the driveway from the side garden walk area. We needed the height. One tree we rigged a second pole from the first and lowered it to the walk way.....
This is the rear garden tree... I am still working on more video. I don't know if we got shots of the front trees as the GoPro was acting up due to a low battery issue we solved later.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2bijPbWu5Kw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Smoking is one of those things where even if you don't at all know the person, just the fact that they partake in such an activity that has potential repercussions beyond their worst nightmares, it tells you that they are an idiot to some degree. It won't be a dream when some doctor has to start shoving things into them at possibly any place imaginable, and have to take poison because it's a lesser consequence. I saw a lot of people in cancer wards recently, and they looked very unhappy. Light up, yeah!

Sorry, it really bothers me now, that folks can be so reckless about their health in that vein and possibly throw away such a precious thing. I suspect that they don't know the half of it. Anyone here that might smoke, unquestionably you have to stop. If not for yourself, for your family, because they will really suffer as well.

It breaks my heart to watch certain people I care about kill themselves slowly.
Rob's cough is horrible and I am watching him deteriorate in his stamina and strength. Horribly sad.
Then I watch the younger guys doing it and how they will be wasting time and health.
Families will eventually have to deal with the fall out...
I have my own health issues. I have to totally steer clear of it or my asthma goes off. I get irritable having to try and work around a job site I have to constantly watch where I breathe.

Quite a job..
Merry Christmas to all..

Pretty clear you all have it going on... I just paid a little visit to Bix and BOTS... Bix was killin it.. He put a 90-100' dry sugar pine on the ground, up and down in 30 minutes.... no fooling around.. Broke every rule in the book, but looked GOOD doing it...

Coordination is half the job on something like that.. Seems like it would have been good to bring in some bigger steel.. nice big track skid loader with a grapple and a monster chipper to stuff it, and maybe even a big bucket truck.. a 75' can do multiple trees from one position, though its not much more than a elevator half way to the top on 150'...

Here is a video of some of the prep work by zip line we did before we floated logs out in prep for the crane.
The blue line Dave had in the far back tree in the garden walk area. I used it to line out my tree as well. I wish I could have had some vid done from the ground of us using two zip lines side by side. Katy had to work on her own clients in between shooting the camera at our job. Some stuff just did not get on film.
I did get some good news that one of my guys made me a copy of the disc he got from the HO. Can't wait to see all else she captured. She gave us some pretty cool prints at the end of the job.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9i3T_a2VuAk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back