TreeStuff.com Gaff Guardian

Agreed, the link to here is cool.

Looks like a interesting product. I couldn't hear the audio in the vid due to my puter, is the product likely to be very long lasting under heavy use?

Looks interesting, Nick, but I'm really pleased with the (much less spendy) Buckingham gaff guards I bought from TreeStuff a year or two ago.
image.jpg

Pretty cool. Lifetime guarantee is hard to beat and I like the orange color as I usually lose my green or black water hose guards every few months. I don't think I've ever had a pair a year or two. TreeStuff is hard to beat and cutting edge. Their Thanksgiving/Black Friday sale with the big discount was awesome.

I like the look of them.
I just wonder if they are compatible with spike mounted ascenders as the look like they would eliminate the concerns regarding gaffing oneself during rope ascent?

I like the look of those. I gave up on having my garden hose guards actually stay on, and I already lost one of my wine corks. . .

These are the next best thing to a direct copy of the venerated covers, user made from heavy duty hose, that the USFS Climbing Guide has included the design for, for more than 30 years :). That's not a knock from me btw, not at all...nor is it in any way a claim that the idea was Forest Service generated or that the fellow producing them in any way is out of line. Hell, he may well have never seen that old design...it's not exactly rocket surgery :D.

I've posted links to that design several times here in Butch's TreeHouse, over the last dozen years or so that it's several iterations have existed. If memory serves, just about every time, someone would suggest I should produce and sell them, make my fortune :). Not my cup of tea, but I'm happy to see it done by someone.

But my innate DYI soul rebels against spending $20 for something I can make myself from nothing more than a foot of old hose and a few minutes with my pocket knife. Though I'll admit the orange color is good...

Back