Help with rope identification

dolmar76

TreeHouser
Hello all,

I got some mixed rope lengths from Tree Stuff (bag o' rope), most of it is either marked or I have figured it out.

This one I can't figure out although it must be some variation of Yale Blaze. I know it's not a huge deal, but seeing as how rope is pretty critical to a climber, I just was thinking someone here would know.

It looks nearly identical to Blaze except some of the black stands are grey. image.jpg

Thanks,
Aaron

I'd agree that it does bear a strong resemblance to Blaze. NickfromWI is probably the best resource here on this sort of question.

Probably just an old Blaze.
Some of my black strands have gone grey as I got older.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you climbernz it is indeed Donaghys Cougar Orange! It's got great reviews for single and double rope which is good news. Anyone here used it? TS sent me over 100' hank of it in my last bag o' rope!

I'll explain, this is not worthy of a new thread so here goes.
I got a 50 quid Amazon token and so as not forget about it I bought 3x"Marlowe split tails 13mm X 1.5 metres"
Now these look like a spliced end on a short piece of rope to use as a blakes hitch, is that right?

"Split-tail" is a term for the piece of rope for tying a blakes hitch, without using the tail of the rope, making it easy to advance over limbs as with other friction hitches like a VT, Distel, etc.

Is that what you're asking?

Some people find the term unPC.

That's a real douche move of them to make cougar in blaze colors.

love
nick

Agreed. I got some for a lanyard and was disappointed with the resemblance, it also seems like a different rope from the original cougar all together.

"Split-tail" is a term for the piece of rope for tying a blakes hitch, without using the tail of the rope, making it easy to advance over limbs as with other friction hitches like a VT, Distel, etc.

Is that what you're asking?

Some people find the term unPC.

Yes, thank you, that explains the terminology. It's as I thought,

Back