201tc

I think there is a chip in there from what my dealer told me.

Main tech at Stihl told me if I could grab a factory revised 201t..grab it. So I grabbed two. The 2nd gen 201t is supposed to be a great saw, nothing like the first gen.

I didn't like either gen. First was garbage. Second was much better but still was no 200t. I own a020, 3- 200t, and a first gen 201t. I grab a 200 99% of the time. At work we're all second gen 201 now with a single 200 still in use. I still reach for it most of the time. If the new 201tc runs anything like the other m-Tronic saws, it'll be great. My boss has the first two reserved at the local dealer once they come in in January. I'm waiting patiently.

I didn't like either gen. First was garbage. Second was much better but still was no 200t. I own a020, 3- 200t, and a first gen 201t. I grab a 200 99% of the time. At work we're all second gen 201 now with a single 200 still in use. I still reach for it most of the time. If the new 201tc runs anything like the other m-Tronic saws, it'll be great. My boss has the first two reserved at the local dealer once they come in in January. I'm waiting patiently.
I just didn't want to do the" shoulda coulda woulda " thing later..that's why I got two second generations..the m-tronics are available here now...kinda crazy, but even the dealers here aren't crazy about them...only time will tell..maybe I'll add one later.

I am still standing on ground that I feel it folly to place electronic control devices into things that get uber hot, vibrate all to heck and get very dirty/oily. Just seems poopid

What do you base that opinion on?
My guess would be that I have quite a few more saw hours/year than you (and in fact most people here) and I find them to be excellent.

I particularly like the fact that you don't have to consider how warm the saw is when starting it, as in " Do I need to engage the choke or not"
Just flip the switch all the way and it'll start, cold or warm.

Stig: I'm basing my opinion on experience solely on two different 540t Husq. top-handle saws, which I believe are far more susceptible to idlying issues than timber-cutting saws, since they are subjected, during use, to much more angular alteration, because of the saw's dangling on a lanyard, and such. To me, m-tronic or auto-tune makes no difference.

Moreover, on this particular issue, your much greater accrued time at chainsaw use than mine, would seem to me to be quite irrelevant, since this feature has only been in existance for a very short time. What I would be much more interested in is your opinion a year hence. Of course the dealers love this stuff, because what the redneck was once fairly self-sufficient at maintaing autonomously, must now be taken in to the shop for every minor atreration of adjustment.

Fair 'nough.
I'll get back to you in a year.
Actually I have been running the 441 c model for 3 or 4 years now. Does that qualify?

Also, basing your experience solely on Husqvarna is to me like saying you don't like horses because a cow once stepped on your toes.

Like most others on here my experience was the same. 200t's ripped, 1st gen 201 sucked ass, 2nd gen 201 no electronic garbage is a fantastic saw imo, 540 autotune that I had sucked like dead hairy moose ass and I couldn't get rid of it fast enough. I sure hope stihl has their computer controlled crap figured out because that's pretty fast to replace the 2nd gen 201 after they just got it sorted.

I have used a new 201 for a couple of days the other week. I have to say I was impressed - smooth cutting & the pick-up has improved. It idled well & generally behaved itself. It just worked & of all the new climbing saws it would be me first choice. My experience, however is limited to about 6 hours.

Fair 'nough.
I'll get back to you in a year.
Actually I have been running the 441 c model for 3 or 4 years now. Does that qualify?

Also, basing your experience solely on Husqvarna is to me like saying you don't like horses because a cow once stepped on your toes.

:lol:
Good retort, and yes the 441c run-time qualifies for the big saws, at least in my book. As Justin (maybe mockingly) suggested, though... I'm pretty doubtfull about the top-handles.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Talked to my dealer this morning about this.

Try starting it on choke and let it run choked for a minimum of 90 sec.
Turn off
Switch to run, start and let run for a minimum 90 sec without touching the throttle.
Turn off
Restart and make a minimum of 3 cuts at full throttle. More if you have the wood.

If that doesn't set it straight, take it back for the shop to put the reader on.

:)

This did the trick. It felt much stronger today as well.

I'm willing to be convinced...soon as I wear out my 064, 044, 361, 200T, and 200RH.

Don't hold your breath kids, seeing as I probably get less that 25 hours a year on the whole fleet together, at this point in my retired old age :D.

My 540t has cut great for almost two years now. It is fast and powerful in the cut.

My only objection is the plastic quality on the husky. I think it is weakly made and prone to breaking.

I will go with the ms201tcm as my next saw.

I am in USA and I have rebuilt and sold at least eight Stihl 201t chainsaws and more then eight 200t
I have never seen a 200 or a 201 with mtronic

I know these Stihls have mtronic----

FS 460 C-EM
FS 560 C-EM
MS 241 C-M
MS 261 C-M
MS 261 C-MQ
MS 362 C-M
MS 362 C-MQ
MS 441 C-M
MS 441 C-MQ
MS 661 C-M