201tc

arborworks1

Treehouser
I'm having trouble with the saw dieing as I hit the throttle after it idles for a few seconds. It fires right back up and cuts fine. Any one else having issues with the mtronic?

I've had mine for a week, run about 4 thanks through it. I was having trouble with Stihl after the 201, but I'm quite happy with the 201tc. I bought the light bar, and love it.

Talked to my dealer this morning about this.

Try starting it on choke and let it run choked for a minimum of 90 sec.
Turn off
Switch to run, start and let run for a minimum 90 sec without touching the throttle.
Turn off
Restart and make a minimum of 3 cuts at full throttle. More if you have the wood.

If that doesn't set it straight, take it back for the shop to put the reader on.

:)

How can it run choked for that long?

Jim, it is the way you field reset the electronic carb. No computer hook up needed.

Compared to field tuning a MS441 non Mtronic, pretty simple and quick.

But you should be Jim. These electronic carb saws are just absolute trash. Either company makes no difference.

Evan: it's good to see you back on here, brother, but... I can tell you: for a Christian, you're going to do an awful lot of cussing that new saw of yours. :(

I don't touch mine. Saw mechanic I go to has been telling me for years that they put them little screw drivers in the tool packet to drum up more business.

I have to wait till January to get my hands on a new 201. I'll be sure to comment on it

That makes sense. Not speaking of professional saw users like you fellows, but I wonder what the percentage of the population of saw owners are competent at tuning?

I am certainly no saw mechanic.

Not speaking of professional saw users like you fellows, but I wonder what the percentage of the population of saw owners are competent at CUTTING WITH A CHAINSAW?

But you should be Jim. These electronic carb saws are just absolute trash. Either company makes no difference.

What do you base that opinion on?
My guess would be that I have quite a few more saw hours/year than you (and in fact most people here) and I find them to be excellent.

I particularly like the fact that you don't have to consider how warm the saw is when starting it, as in " Do I need to engage the choke or not"
Just flip the switch all the way and it'll start, cold or warm.

The 201t is still being produced, isn't it? Great saw.

The 201t is still being produced, isn't it? Great saw.

I just bought another one a week ago,they had like 8 more on the shelf,i agree great saw,I actually prefer it over the 020,i used the first gen 201 and obviously it was garbage. They got em dialed pretty well now,.imo

I was thinking maybe they will produce both for awhile instead of eliminating the 201 suddenly

I was thinking maybe they will produce both for awhile instead of eliminating the 201 suddenly
No..they are only producing the 201t c-e from what Stihl has told me. Also,,,all the dealers around me are only getting the m-tronic version. That's why I grabbed the last two 2nd gen 201t's in my area. When they're gone, they're gone.

Damn! The 201 didn't last long at all!?!?!

Yes, the 201t which replaced the legendary 0200, is now basically discontinued and the computer chip-based 201tc has taken it's place, is that what y'all are saying? No more adjusting the carb as needed with a screwdriver, a laptop is needed?

Back