Aborwear Tech Pants

RiverRat

TreeHouser
Anyone other than myself notice the Tech pants holding stains from work or not washing out as well as the originals?

One of the best things I liked about the original ones was how clean they came out of the wash. Regardless of how grungy from work they were.

One thing I do is repeat the wash cycle a couple times then let them soak overnight and do the same thing again. A 'lil bleach doesn't hurt, either.

I still have a few pair of the original Tech Pants. Have had them about eight years now. They are getting pretty grungy, but when new the ionic coating or whatever it was meant they came 'clean' in the usual wash cycle, and bar oil splatter disappeared with a little Citrasolv cleaner (like a capful) in the wash cycle. The new ones are cheap and don't hold up like the originals.

My tech pants are over 10 years and their still rip free stain free. I don't wear them regularly but in 10 years I wore them lots. Toughest pants I ever owned.

Canopy pants changed, too. Thinner material, and not as consistent in sizing from pair to pair. The material gets more "wrinkly." Just don't feel it's the same quality as several years ago. I even called Arborwear to ask about it.

That's too bad. I got a couple pairs that are about 7 years old now. I'd hate to think arborwear is starting to cheap'n out but I guess that's big business.

There is. The quality has been going down for a few years. They obviously have been trying to hold prices down. Hopefully Sears can hold on. They have lost a load of customers to Home Depot and Walmart. I remember when the place was just hopping. Nothing stays the same.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I talked with them. The gal who answered the phone denied hearing of any issues with the newer ones. I removed an Osage Tree the first I wore the newer model. They stained from the sap. I have soaked them in bleach & detergent for 3 days, washed to many times to count & the stain remains. I was told they are returning to the shop who who first produced them for Aborwear. Dont know that I will buy them again. The 5:11 tactical pants being a much better deal & as durable as the original Tech Pants.

I've been hearing this general story for several years now...i.e. Arborwear used to be a fine product line, but not now. At their prices, I'll steer clear I guess.

I just wish I had bought more of the original Tech Pants.
The only holes I have in one pair is due to a boneheaded move on my part - not changing to a cotton pair of jeans before grabbing the welder to fix a hinge on the dump trailer.
The other three pair are still going through hell and coming home at the end of the day.

Back