Giant Compact Articulated Loaders

We could drive the chipper right up to the trees, not much need for forwarding when the branches fall right next to the chipper.
So I loaded a couple of heavy maple chunks, maxed out the grapple opening
***** training - I say over and over, keep the machine straight, level ground, its all good,
knew I should be loading through the back doors for safety sake, Butt wanted to show them how high it could lift.
So I asked a guy to take some pictures of the next chunk
20161011_091600.jpg

wouldn't you know, with every one watching - the camera caught the ahhh sh*// moment when the chunk slipped out of the grapple - the root flare punching a 10X10 hole in the Asphalt -- dammit . Moral of the story, when maxing out the grapples girth capacity, DO NOT load over the sides if you do not have to. Open the back doors and load from the rear. No one got hurt, driveway was not pristine (phewww) quick run to Home Depot for some Cold patch and it was good as old
20161011_091603.jpg

All in all the Trip turned out good, the company was impressed with the machine, I got to work in the field on a beautiful sunny day in NY. Plus I picked up the check --- can't beat that for a good day. 20161012_223401.jpg

Was that Ranger Danger locking the pin??

Looks like an awesome machine, would really fill a niche in my operations, but the wife thinks I have enough toys. Crane, 3 big trucks, 2 conehead chippers, wheel loader 2 pickups and a stump grinder but man I need a nifty Lil loader for the tight access jobs......

Come to Baltimore with your checkbook :P

2 days of Demos at GIE show in Kentucky - some rain - clay soils - and a confined area
you can hardly tell the duals are duals - the lug tires worked well in the slop though

BMEGIE.jpg
DualsLugcrop.jpg

These are the best Turf friendly tires I have found to Dual up and still get the machine under 36" with the outer Tire off
they are solid filled industrial fork lift tires. 90lbs each, 720 lbs extra counter weight
should have the prototypes done end of this week

Duals.jpg

A good wheel loader is as key as a bucket truck, yet costs way less.

Love this pic, I'm putting it as a screensaver.

As an aside the eurotrac I was looking at is not a rebadged Giant (I'm pretty sure anyway) so I was wrong there. Not telescopic for starters. So it's out of the equation.

I've spoken to the bank about it and in theory I can have one, I have to be careful about too much debt though!

If things keep rattling along as they are at the moment it'll be early next year.

Attachments

• IMG_1207.JPG
    IMG_1207.JPG
    163.4 KB · Views: 77
Back