Thank you Reg

treebilly

Student of the Jedi. OH-7106A
I just wanted to say thanks to Reg for taking the time to talk at the expo. We covered a bunch of topics in our half hour or so that we chatted. It was a honor for me to meet the man whose videos re sparked my interest in tree work. Reg you're the man

Treehousers are all over the place.
There was an Englishman at the ISA/ETW test that I attended this weekend.
He mentioned that he'd worked in Norway for 5 years, so I asked where.
Oslo, he said, so I asked if he was the one who posted a nice crane take down of a beech in central Oslo a couple of years back, thinking it would be cool if he was a fellow houser.
Not him, but his boss.
But the fact that I'd seen and remembered the video gave us a common ground right away.

I just wanted to say thanks to Reg for taking the time to talk at the expo. We covered a bunch of topics in our half hour or so that we chatted. It was a honor for me to meet the man whose videos re sparked my interest in tree work. Reg you're the man

Pleasures all mine, mate....but thanks. Always good to meet up with people. Lots of familiar faces at the show. I also met John (treeandsurf) for the first time. Funny he looked nothing like I'd expected. Was hoping catch and meet Carl (lumberjack) somewhere about also, but I didnt notice him.

I had the same thoughts treebilly; was stoked to get to meet Reg in person. His vids have helped in many ways through the years.

jp:D

This is a cool thread Rich. I so deeply appreciate what it takes just to produce a short vid. It really broadens my perspective to see how other guys do this stuff. I end up learning so much. Thanks Reg.

Reg, learning from your crane videos helped me to start doing crane jobs. Thanks, for that, plus all the other stuff, including, sorry to say, my "knockoff" arborella. A life-safer, that one.

Reg, learning from your crane videos helped me to start doing crane jobs. Thanks, for that, plus all the other stuff, including, sorry to say, my "knockoff" arborella. A life-safer, that one.

Thanks guys. Not sure what to say really. Just getting stuff done is all it is really.

It's Ironic Sean. The time and effort that went into making those vids....the actual shooting, transfering, editing and uploading etc. Sometimes days. For nothing really.

And then I thought up and made the arbor trolley in 3 hours. We sold thousands, and I got well paid. Doesn't add up somehow.

You could argue one is practical and tangible (AT) and one is more artistic (vids). The vids are inspirational which is hard to put a monetary value on.

You could argue one is practical and tangible (AT) and one is more artistic (vids). The vids are inspirational which is hard to put a monetary value on.

Think I'd rather get paid Cory.....wouldn't you ?

I'm not an artist mate. Not 'Made for this'.....more likely made by accident, although I've never asked. Cheers.

Lol 'made by accident'. I used to get a kick out of when people would ask how I got into treework. I'd tell them by accident as I was going to be a lawyer but it turned out I wasn't enough of an asshole. Most people that know me would have a hard time believing that though.

Back