Where's Spellerfelller??

Bermy

Acolyte of the short bar
Last we heard he was going to cut those ash trees from a cherry picker...been a bit quiet since

Hellooooooo.....

I thought and asked the same thing,then noticed he made the "drilling for sample" thread. I was honestly concerned,then i seen he posted that the day before i asked...

As for myself I can't see any good reason for quitting this forum. The Tree House has been the most user friendly of all the internet arborist forums I know. The members make it. Always a big welcome here.

I know right! That's what blew be away, was that you could actually talk with some of these legendary people. . .

That, and someone linked a Graeme McMahon video here. Pulled me in back before I had anything but an idea about tree climbing, blowing my own mind playing with friction hitches in the garage. Then watching that dude pull apart that giant tree over the walkway, the one where he had it strapped off in segments. . .

8)

You would have thought we'd get some pictures of the lift at least?

Maybe some people don't really "quit" they just get busy with a project or some other change in their life. As for me I am just too swamped during the Spring, Summer and Fall to do much more than just check for threads of interest, then in the winter try to contribute.

I thought that the mother of all busy posters was the fellow up in Alaska that was mining gravel or something like that in some God forsaken place nowhere near humanity in mid winter. From a photo it looked beyond just mighty cold. I think that he finally disappeared, but his posting was a good effort. He worked as a logger as well. Wayne was it?

Good to read ya, Pat!

I believe the fellow was "Cold Logging". He made outrageous claims about being able to cut with a 395 held at arms length with one hand:lol: and boasted about 'shoot shovel and shut up'.

Cold Logging was an interesting member. Like Jay said, he posted some good vids/pics of some gravel excavation or something.
I remember he said he killed a moose and kept it in the garage where it was minus 30 or something, every time he wanted some he'd carve a bit off and fry it.

I liked cold logging, wish he would post up ...he had some cool pics there in Alaska

Cory, yes, the three SSS ;)

I never mean to drop out, but the past few months have been up at 4:30am and work till after dark.
Dead tired most evenings and it's all I can do to get what I must do finished.

If it wasn't too wet from the rain I'd be working right now.
As it is I allowed myself to look last evening, and dang, getting sucked right back in! Commented on Jay's 262xp thread, and today i just read all of Jaime's Akimbo thread - what a great looking device - such nice design and execution! I'm looking forward to seeing more and getting to try one.

Cold Logging was quite experienced as was "Holmen". Both passed on quite a bit of information that the less experienced could put to good use. It was interesting to me that Holmen announced to us all, that he was leaving the site in advance. He obviously cared.

Pigwot, nice to hear you are so busy. 4:30 till after dark, those are some hours.

Back