Looking for a 150 rear handle

Bermy

Acolyte of the short bar
My chainsaw carving buddy Eddie is after a price for a rear handle 150 Stihl.
Apparently Stihl are not going to sell them in Oz...something about no spark arrestor which I find hard to believe as the 150 comes with one...
Anyhoo, it would be heaps cheaper coming from the US.

Also anybody got a price on chains for the 150? they want $47 PER LOOP here, and files are $4 each!!!

Stihl can be swayed if you have enough clout and can yell loud enough.

They weren't going to market the T150 here, until I and a couple of others complained so loud and at any opportunity ( Such as creating a scene at their booth at the major forestry show here:lol:)

They also weren't going to market the MS461 here until someone ( Me, again) complained loud and long and got a bunch of others to sing the same song.

Then they had the 441 on back order and suddenly decided that it was a good idea to sell the 461 here.

Great saw BTW.
I finally made up my mind to keep it and let the apprentice run my 441.

Fi. I'll get e price on the chain for you.
Those are so ridiculously light, it can't cost much to send them to you.

I think I could send them singly, in letters. That would probably be the cheapest way.

Sorry for not getting back to you on this before, my mind has been filled up with that effing ISA/ETW cretification lately.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the replies guys. Check the postage Stig...might make it too much?
Pete, that price equates to approximately $800AUD...I bought my 150t here for $720 at a show, so that's within reason. Again, postage would be the issue, any idea?

Ya, prices on parts here are ridiculous!

Here's a pic of Eddie Freeman, chainsaw carver extraordinaire and really all-around nice guy. We do some work together (he has a cherry picker) and he and his wife and I are all in the local Fire Brigade together. SO if the right price comes along, you can brag you supplied chainsaw for Eddie.
The pics are at the Woolmers Rose Festival...it was his third show in three days, didn't have much stock left and he was carving Kookaburras as fast as he could and they were all selling.

Attachments

• DSC00773.JPG
    DSC00773.JPG
    449.2 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC00772.JPG
    DSC00772.JPG
    434.2 KB · Views: 55
Fiona, is your friend carving seasoned wood? Otherwise cracking? Seasoning big blocks must be tough if he does dry them first.

Fi,the chain costs about $19 here.
It only weighs 35 grammes, so I should be able to send it as a letter, which costs about $3.

PM me if you want me to set it up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yep that wood is seasoned, macrocarpa. He does whole stumps like 10' high as well,/what he can see in a bit or rough timber is amazing!
I'll have a chat with him and see if he's ready to buy

Rear handle 150 here at my local shop
I think 450 is what I saw. Last loop I bought was 20 something

Back