Redwood Coast 2015 & 2016

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Another perspective ...

Borrowed her wings and loaned them to the photo with Kiera ...

Attachments

• Lost_red_sharp.jpg
    Lost_red_sharp.jpg
    452.8 KB · Views: 46
One more from October 31st

Gemini_Oct_1200mdv.jpg

A real nice batch of photos, Mario. Again.

I know I'm not exactly mainstream, especially when it comes to pop culture, so take this with a huge lump of salt...and I'm just talking amongst friends here, not getting serious at all :)...but to me, this fairy theme looks dumb, and takes away significantly from the beauty of the otherwise wonderful quality and talented treatment you give to the redwood groves. Those wings are lame. If you have to go down that road, get some much larger and more diaphanous.

Just my opinion, worth not a damn, carry on ;).

I know I'm not exactly mainstream, especially when it comes to pop culture, so take this with a huge lump of salt...and I'm just talking amongst friends here, not getting serious at all :)...but to me, this fairy theme looks dumb, and takes away significantly from the beauty of the otherwise wonderful quality and talented treatment you give to the redwood groves. Those wings are lame. If you have to go down that road, get some much larger and more diaphanous.

LOL

Think I covered that base ...

There may have been a bare back photo, like in the portrait thread, Proof .. no wings.

Attachments

• KH_Back_1_700.jpg
    KH_Back_1_700.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 35

Haha, they're kinda fun, kinda silly but overall I'd pluck the wings off too.

By special request today from a FB friend.

Attachments

• Cath_Wings_1000mdv.jpg
    Cath_Wings_1000mdv.jpg
    363.5 KB · Views: 52
Here's the same photo without the wings.

Cath_Mario_1200mdv.jpg

Fallen Titan .. probably been laying there for 200 years. Looks like it was about 26 ft. to 28 ft. diameter. I'm on top for scale.

Log_Lean_1200mdv.jpg

Well blow me down!

Nice find Mario!

You look like Elrond the elf king up there.

Jomo

That foto has sort of a tropical rainforest feel to it.

Be more careful Mario, it's not cool to push those big trees over just for a photo.

Be more careful Mario, it's not cool to push those big trees over just for a photo.

Sometimes I get nervous whether they man start a roll when I'm climbing over them.

Haha, yeah, having logged I know that feeling well. Blow downs rarely roll but be ready to jump to the uphill side!

Avenue of the Giants.

Attachments

• Ave_Lights_1100mdv.jpg
    Ave_Lights_1100mdv.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 51
I liked the last one better.
This one doesn't do the trees justice. Too much is hidden in darkness.

I don't find it bad, just liked the first one better.

Keep them coming, Mario:)

Those long shots along the Avenue are sure pretty. thanks, Mario!

One thing more about the Avenue of the Giants is I find the road views appealing. There's other nice drives like the Columbia River Gorge in Oregon or parts of Hy. 101, but on those stretches I prefer looking out away from the road. On the Avenue of the Giants I find a lot of appeal in looking down the Avenue.

Yep. It is the fact that those huge trees crowd the road that makes it what it is.
I have driven it hundred of times over the last 35 years, but never get tired of it.
Different light, time of day etc.
Drove it early morning in the fog once, in a convertible with the top down.
Cold as hell, but really a special experience.

On my very first time through, back when it was still " Just" highway 101, I caught a ride with a pick up truck and lay in the bed looking up as we went through.
Blew my little Danish mind, I'll tell you.

Back