Redwood Coast 2015 & 2016

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nice elderly red huckleberry among a grove of coast redwoods. These old huckleberry add a nice texture even in winter after leaves have fallen.

Fern_Glade_14mdv.jpg

Those trees are so alike to each other, they almost look photoshopped.

Those trees are so alike to each other, they almost look photoshopped.

It stands out because so many trunks are so straight. There's not much damage in this area. In fact, it continues down a hill and around a corner to a huge flat that has many more trunks and ferns looking just like this. Just flat. Almost tailored by nature for a redwood wedding.

A small part of me can't help thinking how fine those would be to log.

Been a logger for too many years, I guess.

But as you well know, it is only a very small part.

Redwood wedding in one of Humboldt's coast redwood forests. A couple from Hawaii ...

Earle_1_1800.jpg

Great idea and wonderfully done.
That one is a winner, Mario.

That's a great photo until the iridescence of Stigs bar oil washes through from him logging the area flat. :D

This fella drives 199 like he's in a corvette!

Surprisingly, I do pull over to let others pass about 50% of the time. But I commonly move along using every mph available ... the other 50% of the time.

Maybe he was, I made a long circuit around through the coast range, down to Brookings and back home

When they finish that one they will tear up anther section likely

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Another couple following their redwoods wedding. The groom particularly enjoyed hollow burned-out trunks and stopped to enter several of them. They traveled from Florida. The bride has never experienced an autumn in her life. Her first autumn experience was the redwood coast.

Harris_12_Small.jpg

Back