Redwood Coast 2015 & 2016

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, that's a nice one, too, Mario. Pullouts along highway 199 are scant and few, and in-between pullouts there's barely any shoulder to stand on that can provide a sense of safety from getting run over.

There's so many places I wanted to stop and take pictures over the years, but just too afraid to.

You have bigger Kohonnies than I do.

That last one had a postage stamp parking spot. Although there were two other spots I photographed where I dined and dashed pretty quick. This spot below, maybe 5 to 8 minutes east of Hiouchi, offered decent parking and a safe zone to walk after hopping the guardrail. This was taken 4:51 pm ... maybe the last 1/2 hour of daylight.
Smith_Curve_2000mdv.jpg

Mario, you need a battery car with all this driving!

It would fit into more places for parking and use less fuel. But I suspect I'd get a battery car about the same time you start pulling your chipper with one.

Attachments

• Ford_Van_Vaden.jpg
    Ford_Van_Vaden.jpg
    309.9 KB · Views: 27
Here's one of the Beranek duo ...

Attachments

• Slope_1400mdv.jpg
    Slope_1400mdv.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 56
Love the way the ferns frame Terri.You could cut that part out for a portrait.

It is a very good picture, combining the massiveness of the Redwood in front with the pillar like slender ones in the back. I really like it.
Of course, having Jer and Ter in it helps too:)

Where is it taken? I'm thinking up North with the abundance of ferns.

That was up in Jedediah Smith Redwoods State Park.

There was lots of rain the days prior, but the rain paused the way we wandered around together there.

I paced myself.

I'd swear that I heard you doing a backflip off a big log, but when I turned around, everything seemed as-usual !!

Here's one from the past few days. Man ... Cave Junction got upwards of 18 inches of snow. I pulled over for a break, and planted my boot in an open area of snow and it sunk that far.

Stout_Snow_2000mdv.jpg

El Viejo del Norte. Sunny winter day silhouette through layers of stems and color.

El_Viejo_1200mdv.jpg

An Ent-like vine maple in the redwood forest.

Vine_1800mdv.jpg

Ents are huge living walking trees that can fug you up, in battle, fighting orcs, trolls n demons.

It's wise to fight on their team's side!

Some have beards n look a bit like mario's brother.

Jomo

Redwoods in the winter There was another small snow flurry last week but flakes melted as they fell.

Stream_2000.jpg

Pretty shot, Mario. Thanks.

The first printing of JSRSP should be available in a few weeks. Will send you one when it arrives.

Jerry B

Awesome, thanks. You may get a message from a husband and wife who are videographer and photograper looking for various insights and views about coast redwoods and history. I met them in Crescent City the other day. The man's name is Joe Callander.

Met Levi and his family in Prairie Creek the other day too.

That's a nice one, lots of green for true:thumbup:

Thanks Levi. Just got back from Staples a few minutes ago, picking up a Flash drive for the photos from Prairie Creek last week. Figured I'd let you share some here yourself if you wish.

Back