Payment by credit cards

Surcharges are also illegal in 10 states: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, New York, Oklahoma and Texas.

from Reddog's link.

We checked here for wording and we're good....maybe not as far as the cc companies terms go but I don't really care about that. We do offer green cash discounts.
As I see it credit cards cost the most so we charge for it. Checks have some risk and most people pay with them so we factor that into our bids. Cash has no risk and not many people pay with it.... So.... Discount.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

How much of a cash discount you guys giving? I keep it at 5%. Always wonder if 10% is more reasonable and better for me. The new office manager likes everything on the up and up. We never really do cash jobs any more.

5%.
Our accountant is the president of the state accounting society and she definitely want us to be legit. Figure it's an 8% difference between credit cards and cash. That's significant on anything over $1000.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ten is too much! I don't discount anymore. You discount, then you gotta drive across the valley to meet them and get paid when you should be bidding or fishing, absolutely ridiculous. We take cash if they pay the crew, bring it to the office or aren't far outta the way but no discount.

I never offer it. If they ask (which is less than 1% of the time) I'll offer 5% and if they ask for more I tell them I'd rather have the check.

I just don't do discounts. My way of figuring is that I already give you a good value for the work I am about to perform.
By my way of figuring, it will all average out somewhere.

I would never ever do that. All income must promptly be reported to the IRS and applicable state and local governments. My success as a business owner is due mostly to their management of our infrastructure. They must have a significant percentage of the little I earn

Back