HAAS or SAKA?

treesmith

Banned
I'm slow to change....still climb on a tautline regularly....but now and again I like to dabble in the new. Being of limited knowledge, I'm pondering the HAAS or the SAKA. What's the difference in the two? They appear to be simply different brand offerings of the same thing?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So it's pretty much buy it, clip it on and go? Or got to dial it in?

I have a haas style that i put together,i like it,its great,but the saka seems better imo... Im going to buy one myself.

6bcce78a00f9b75ff163655ceb162171.jpg

just got to dial in the bungee length for your length of step is about it, its ezy sqeezy ;)

I use the Wraptor regularly, but often, I just need to go 20'-25'...which is hardly worth setting the Wraptor up for.

SAKA uses 2 bungee's instead of one which advances it up better with authority....SAKA has a footloop that detatches much better as well

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/a7wRsxjbcfE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Haha. What else do you use in conjunction with the SAKA? Got a pic of your setup?

Man all you need is a foot ascender and an advancing knee ascender ,its so easy,you may or may not want to add a tether to tend your hitch ,I will just use my hand unless making longer ascents at which point I just use my lanyard over my shoulder technique. there are other methods but this is soo simple.

Sherrill's Tree Frog system uses a handled ascender, a Petzl Croll chest ascender, and the foot ascender. The SAKA only uses two ascenders (The one sewn onto it, and the foot ascender)?

Yes , but you need to have it backed by your SRT device.
Otherwise if you lost your hold on the rope, you'd be hanging from your feet like a bat.

This system allows you to go directly from ascending to working, the treefrog only takes you into the tree, then you'll have to shift over to either a DRT or SRT setup.

That's what was puzzling me, Stig. The Frog has you clipped from the handled ascender, as well as the Croll. I have yet to see the SAKA in actual use, where I can see the components. I'm wanting to see pics of a complete setup for better understanding.

LOL, Im still to young for a wraptor :lol::lol:

Don't wait until you feel old!!!!!!!!!

Its basically not going to wear out, so short of dropping/ theft, just divide $2500 into the next 10 years of climbing. Easy decision, imo, for big trees, of which you get so many.

I think the Saka has better construction but uses a different ascender than the haas. My Saka would slip on the rope so much that I got rid of it. I have 2 haases and they never slip

Don't wait until you feel old!!!!!!!!!

Its basically not going to wear out, so short of dropping/ theft, just divide $2500 into the next 10 years of climbing. Easy decision, imo, for big trees, of which you get so many.

+1

Back