humbled today and got away with it

My new in line slack sucking spring system woulda slapped that sucker gainst the ground plenty quick, chop chop!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    271.2 KB · Views: 75
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    300.7 KB · Views: 76
....use safest accepted practices , don't make up stupid stuff. We all piece out tops that shouldn't be pulled. Like I said about reputation , amazed you get hired.

In that moment the hinge lets go?

You'd be amazed how much english can be put on a falling 750 lb log with only 150 lbs of pull this away, or in the case of a climber, pushin the chunk thataway.

Anything that pulls line slack faster than the tree can fall is a huge advantage once the hinge breaks IME.

Jomo

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I agree, had the skid steer been in play I'd bet it would've yanked it right over and it wouldn't have been lost over the side.

So do I.. skid steer wouldn't have stopped... the piece came to a dead stop before the hinge broke.. ZERO forward momentum... That's the way I remember the pull line feeling anyways..
Skid loader has speed and some line stretch with the true blue... pert sure it'd werk...

You can often take a foot or 2 from above and below the felling cuts. Set the pieces back on each other and slowly tip the top into the face. Good way to see the subtleties of what happens. Forensics

Why would you leave all that weight on the back when you wanted to pull it forward?

Guts for posting though...thanks

Here's a beech tree we did earlier this year.. The back side limbs were over primaries and a busy road... this is unfortunately the only vid I got of the concept. All those back limbs ended up going with the wood into the open yard... no lowering, stopping traffic to clear the brush etc... Just Bombs Away..

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OXfjfcRF7aI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Correct me if I'm wrong, it appears in the video it was only one limb and a shorter section with a proper notch and back cut with a steady pull?

that's all.. pretensioned pull line, pretty straightforward, as long as you trust your cuts, the hinge wood, andmake sure you have enough pull to get it over. That tree had some size and not one limb over the wires/street was lowered.

Back