my struggle

Szajer

alive with pleasure
My career as a climbing arborist has come to an end. From 1988 to June 11th 2015.
I had an accident while on the job that has cost me for the rest of my life. Without going into details, I wanted to see if this was a place that I was trusted enough to unload my climbing and rigging gear.
I'm also on another forum for inline speed skating, they too will get the same message concerning my skate equipment.
Anyway, I have lots of stuff and it's all been cared for, cleaned and inspected for damage. Quite frankly, I don't abuse my things and whomever is a recipient is not only going to get great deals, but great tools that border on the brand new.
I'll check back for positive response and whether or not to post my items.

20150703_151032.jpg IMG_20150923_115133.jpg 20150923_103918.jpg

Man, I've got junk almost that crazy in my knee. That stuff can heal bro. Sure you're not hanging it up a bit early? Of course, you're trusted enough for us to buy your stuff, but why let it all go just yet?

I like, and agree with what Jed said.
I busted my pelvis and three vertebrae in a fall 9 years ago, and decided to change careers. Which ended up not panning out, for which I'm kinda thankful.

Ouch man, looks brutal. I'm probably interested in much of the gear if you're sure

How much would the spurs, 1 of the red pulleys, 1 hitch climber pulley and one of the rigging ropes cost? what would postage to Australia cost?
I wish you a speedy recovery and hope that you can pursue another avenue of arborist work.
Regards,
WC

Oh dear, those pictures tell a story.
I agree with the others, is it a bit too soon to completely give it up?

If you make the decision, I am sure you can find good homes for most if not all of your gear. I'd be interested in some, but I'll wait until you truly think it all through and decide for sure.

All the very, very best for your recovery...Hug.

I'd take some time on that decision. No doubt that a lot of us are interested in your gear but give your decision some time. Hope things heal up for you. Looks nasty

Sorry to hear, that's a major bummer... If your serious about hanging it up, I'd take a red block, the pulleysaver and maybe a hitchclimber

Yeah, let us know man. I'd bite on a saw and the other red block.

Could they have gotten any more screws in that ankle? shit!

Look after your physical therapy bud, good luck!! Let us know about the gear.

cheers.

Man you can always sell the gear later, wait till you really know what you are going to do. Last I heard McDonalds aint paying too well and thats all Im qualified to do other than trees....

thats crazy, sorry to here....please give us the story...hoping for a speedy recovery!!

let us know some prices, that gear should go quick

a few more pics with gear seperated would be great

Holy cow man...... Positive thoughts coming your way. I hope you recover fast and maybe come back to climbing some day. Your gear does look to be in great condition. I'm sure it will sell fast of that's really what you want.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Very, very sorry to hear about your accident.

I have had reconstructed surgery on both shoulders (including still having a 10" 3/8" rod still in my arm) and elbows, but after healing up, can still climb and work. Are you REALLY sure that you are finished bro?

Oh, mercy, that looks like it hurt...and still hurts!

I'll add my voice to the chorus saying 1) yes, your gear will likely go in a heartbeat if you truly decide to sell it 2) I wish you a speedy and complete recovery and 3) don't let this setback, although serious, deter you from doing something you love.

I've learned that real treemen (a number in which I would NOT include myself) are some seriously tough nuts, who can bounce back from shiznit that would kill the average mortal!

Good luck, man, whatever you decide! :thumbup:

Looks brutal

Change is good......hardest part it committing to start. Go for it.

Everyone wants to know how it happened, so as to prevent similar situation. I understand if you don't want to share.

Since you're down, you'll have plenty of time to read this-http://www.treebuzz.com/forum/threads/treehumper-down-and-getting-back-up.27673/.

It looks like you had a similar accident to Rob. He's back at it and going strong. Keep your head up and think again about ditching your gear just yet. Heal up!

Back