West Coast Terms

Altissimus

TreeHouser
... Since I ever started I have loved the Slang terminology of Treework especially the West Coasters. Saw "School Marme" used to describe what looked to be a Co Dominate Pine ... Never heard that one , wonder about it's origin / meaning.

A tight crotch. A school teacher, back in the day, was required to be single, therefore, chaste.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
...was on Facebook page , Loggers Rigging Men Timber Fallers ....some pretty cool pics get posted

Oh man, so many references! Christie carriage with a donkey dick.
Piss fir is both a white fir and a forest service employee.
Cat skinners.
Double enders and screwy bells... Goes on forever

Hmm highballing' or a good solid fast guy referred to as a highballer? I dunno maybe used everywhere? Schnarb, shallal(sp). You go to work in a crummy or bunny bus. Hook tender or choker pig.

It's endless.

I believe that the school marme term came from: picture the school teacher standing in front of the blackboard with a piece of chalk in her hand with her arm held out at a 90 degree angle. Thus a description of a tree with a sucker limb growing out of it and then upwards.

No. School marm refers to a tight crotch only ime not just any co-Dom and certainly not one that has a nice open attachment. And I've never heard it used to refer to a limb that's then tried to turn into a top.

Regional differences maybe?

I know it as Sean described it.

School mark is offensive to some, more easily offended, ladies. Split-tail, too (short hitch cord for a blake's hitch).

Think about a bunch of loggers with slim picking around in camp. What will their minds turn toward?

No. School marm refers to a tight crotch only ime not just any co-Dom and certainly not one that has a nice open attachment. And I've never heard it used to refer to a limb that's then tried to turn into a top.

Regional differences maybe?

I know it as Sean described it.
Same here

I believe that the school marme term came from: picture the school teacher standing in front of the blackboard with a piece of chalk in her hand with her arm held out at a 90 degree angle. Thus a description of a tree with a sucker limb growing out of it and then upwards.

Hey Pat, how've you been!!!!????

The school marme that I was describing was in reference to old growth Redwood. A tight crotch also is a school marme. If you google the term you will see photographic examples of both. So everyone is right!

like I thought regional differences. No westcoast terms I know would be in reference to redwoods because we don't have them up here. Good to read you Pat.

Back