Terex TAC750hd

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
He sells them. I kinda messed up I did a search after posting this thread, my bad. I am leaning hard towards the 750 as my next chipper.

Sells them, runs them. Carl's the man, I wouldn't hesitate to do business with him.

Ahhh you need my address again Carl for those endorsement payments? Lol.

Hahaha, thanks, Justin!

Arborworks/Scott Nelson on here runs a 750HD I sold him.

If you're going to get one, now is the time as Terex is getting out of the Tree Care line (little chippers). There is one being built this month and two next month with 130hp Cummins engines.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If they are getting out of the small chipper line how does that affect getting parts?

Haha totally expected question. Terex has assured me that parts will be available as long as Terex Environmental is around (they just bought another company... Should be a big long while). Most of the non welded components are available aftermarket/outside of Terex as well leaving mainly the weldments "Terex only." How often are weldments needed on a chipper? Also the drums themselves aren't made by Terex in house on the little chippers and weld shops are in most towns to repair most weldments.

My hope is some small company/nimble buys the chipper design and keeps producing the product. I'm waiting to hear a price on such a thing, but I highly doubt I could swing that. From what I've been told, the Tree Care side of TEE was on schedule to make budget this year and that it was the whole tree/biomass side that was losing money hand over fist. The problem is they are both part of the same brand (Woodsman) and built in the same factory (Woodsman's old factory with a lot of Woodsman people.). TEE bought CBI and are moving to their factory with no room for moving the arborist line. They're trying to streamline I think and get the main focus.

Not trying to speak out of turn, but a big problem in Michigan was a lack of motivation of the personnel left over from the Woodsmen days. They were happy with the status quo of 20 years ago, which is a tough business model to sustain in combination with big corporate stiffness (Terex).

Either way, they still have/had a good product and with that big stiffness (Terex) backing the future support, it should be a relatively smooth transition. I certainly understand the hesitation it causes potential buyers, but I also see the savings it's going to offer on the purchase price. Like I said earlier, the normal parts you replace on a chipper are available third party for a lower price. As an end user, outside of warranty coverage I try to buy my parts outside of the OEM's network anyways to save money.

They should try and market California for the biomass stuff. We are in deep trying to deal with all these dead trees. Now they have no choice but to start getting on page with biomass. California has been very resistant in the past with funding bio plants and approving them. Now things are changing. It might be something to look into. They are going to need some serious grinding equipment. Not to mention I need a big arse dump wiht a prentice in the future.
Probably buy a dump trailer this year.

Back