Rig N' Wrench

Here's how to embed videos;

1) Do NOT copy/paste the page url.
2) Click the "share" button - a embed button will appear underneath/to the left.
3) Scroll down and click the "embed" button - a blue highlighted address will appear.
4) Copy/paste THAT address in your post.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uSKw_0byrcw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you!, I have a feeling that I have asked this same question before and received the same answer. Easier to ask again than to remember again.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kZUAQAAJsVM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So is the using of two ropes so good that you feel the safety, stability and ease of movement of using spurs superfluous?

Cool, fun vid, nicely shows the advantages of the RiW.

Doing that tree spurless was not intended and I cursed every minute of it.

the music and editing was all starlet. Dawon is a beast. he's only 19. Gilbert is 64. We got to the job and my spurs were in my personal truck. Definitly did not want to lose time getting them at that point. not a big deal but not the way I would have liked. I figured the point of the video is the rig n wrench and not my climbing.

Man, I want a rigging specific version of this. Even if it was just a different color I'd be in.

Cool video Kevin. Gnarly wires hey?

Cheers

Different colors should be available at the beginning of the year. A beefier wrench to be paired with the small isc block should be by the end of next year. Although when paired with a short tether on a rigging pinto I have no trouble keeping my rig n wrenches separate from my climbing wrenches.

Kevin, this was probably discussed in the past but I missed it; The zk1 had adjustability for rope size/amount of friction desired, but the zk2 doesn't have that adjustiblity, I was wondering why you did away with it?

Kevin, this was probably discussed in the past but I missed it; The zk1 had adjustability for rope size/amount of friction desired, but the zk2 doesn't have that adjustiblity, I was wondering why you did away with it?

I concluded that there is enough flexibility in the style of hitch you use and how you tie it and what rope you choose, that you can get pretty much anything you want and having it be variable adds a lot of complexity and expense. I have found with the runner that if I can't run it full open than I need another rope rather than use the adjustment. It's nice especially for new ropes or to adjust when the bollard wears down a bit. But adjustment is very finicky and sometimes not worth it. I had all kinds of ideas for adjusting the zk2 and I finally just threw them all out and picked my favorite adjustment. No regrets really on that.

Interesting. Thanks for your response.

Kevin you spoke of improvements coming for the new year are they going to be major enough a guy should wait or are they mainly cosmetic?

We have a beefier version in the works. Probably toward the end of next year knowing the time scale that manufacturer works on. There will be a whole a ray of different color wrenches available at the begining of the year.

Might just wait for colors. What sort of block are you thinking of for the beefier one. Are you thinking one of the rock exotica blocks?

14576.jpg

ISC 1/2" MINI ALUMINUM RIGGING BLOCK

Paired with my favorite block. I've been using them at work for a little while and just bought two of my own. I'll just have to wait for a bit to add the beefier wrench to the system. Keep on thinking up new things Kevin. Just space it out nicely so my wallet can keep up.
Love the RR by the way. Glad the guy that bought it let me borrow it for a bit.

Back