Rig N' Wrench

Geez it didn't take em long to get that together.

How does one splice such a short pc of rope???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Treestuff is amazing. I don't know how they do it. Although that splice is done with a sewing machine

Thanks! Although this one is sort of a recycled innovation.

66 pounds of the weight (a force, not to be confused with mass) is counteracted by the wrench's friction (a negative force opposing movement).

The block should experience the 100 pounds of log weight, plus the 30-odd pounds of holding force. 130-something. Forgot the numbers. Based on a zero-friction theoretical block.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2zZR5ffs_aM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>:thumbup:

Not sure how I missed this interview with KB but if y'all also haven't seen it, it's fun. Wow, the description of the close call with the big log leaning over the house and toward Kevin's lap sounded nasty!

Getting psyched to try a ZK1 at the bottom of a tree, pulley at the top for the next medium sized removal. I figure that way, when the brush is done and the bigger wood is too big for the ZK, the pulley will already be in place up top and the T wrap/porty can be quickly hooked up at the base. My groundie has scary gripping power imo, and he cranes over and runs a lot of good sized limbs with just gloves. This should make his job easier, and allow bigger limbs when desired.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/i68uiUg2IdE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have been working on a basal wrench along the lines of august and crew. I think the Ariel aspect of the wrench is cool though. What I did the other day was have a normal block a bit lower in the tree and the rig n wrench as a higher redirect. It was set up so that when I was done brushing and limbing the tree, the block was already set and ready for the larger wood. When it came to that time.

I think the aerial aspect of the wrench is cool though. What I did the other day was have a normal block a bit lower in the tree and the rig n wrench as a higher redirect. It was set up so that when I was done brushing and limbing the tree, the block was already set and ready for the larger wood. When it came to that time.

That sounds like a good approach. Ill probably try that if anchoring low doesn't work, I haven't tried it yet.

Lol, my wife was pissed that the makeup department at treestuff hadn't fixed my hair. Oh well. Thanks Jim, I have a huge respect for people that can manage and work the land!

Kevin, would a beefed up Wrench in a different color, something rigging specific, be in the works? Love the idea. It's on my list. 8)

Back