Rig N' Wrench

Wow that is cool, have you been using a wrench for rigging for a long time?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Been thinking about it for a while. Just got around to actually doing it

No its just a pulley but with built in friction for lowering

Isn't there a basal anchored rigging wrench idea in one of August's newer video, not sure, it was in a flash and watched it on my phone.

Leave it to him to come up with that simple application. Needless to say, the concept never even remotely occurred to me. But that's what is cool about a lot of problems or challenges or needs in life: frequently, the answer is right there under your nose and has been for quite awhile, you just need to see it.

KB, on TB you mentioned good when pulling, that is a great idea. Like if decent sized limbs are being removed that are close to the limit for handling with no lowering device (just gloves), and to crane them over a bit during cutting is called for, pull them over with little friction resisting you and them let them down with good friction helping you.

Yeah like pulling the somewhat larger limbs from the roof or lines. Tip tie them and pull , but not burn up your hands so much lowering it. It's hard to pull when the rope is on an eight or a porty. This does not give near as much friction as an eight or porty though

I tried for a while on a design I was hopeful would do just what your setup does but enable one handed lowering of huge loads but with free running in reverse. Had it all figured out with hydraulic brakes and master and slave cylinders. I was stoked till I made one and realized how powerful the "screw effect" is when a rope drives a cylinder and has 4 wraps on it. Shut my shit DOWN!!

Yours seems to have promise Kevin, only the start of the voyage I fear:)

On another note I have something I want you to try out so PM me your Address please

what if you locked the rope wrench pulley in place. two fixed friction bollards would take more load and still be fairly easy in reverse.

Yeah, I was thinking my zk1 might be better and give more friction

Wow he built a HD one. Cool.

The very beginning of that video is unique.

https://youtu.be/M8h7SvyH_kE

This combo works great for ddrt climbing. It's suprisingly nice climbing on a pulley for the ascents and hardly any weight on your hitch for descent. I always hated climbing on a pulley ddrt because my hitch would heat up and bind. Working on how to configure the wrench with the pulley saver so that it is retrievable

Looks cool Kevin.

I told Kevin already but just so everyone else knows, the innovation cred on the rigging wrench in my vid goes to my climber, Joe Boyd, and of course Kevin himself for starting the wrench friction concept. Like Cory, I wouldn't have thought of it. Perhaps other things but not this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I totally agree Jer, and I have noticed the same thing about August.

August, you ARE a credit to the tree care industry and I just wanted to thank you for all your hard work.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/M8h7SvyH_kE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Geez I guess KB is just getting started with finding different apps for that wicked device, coollll stuff.

Back